Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Current Wait Times on New Orders

4K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  SpaGP05 
#1 ·
I bumped into one of the salesman from my dealership in the local pizza store last night. After catching up and asking me how I was enjoying the car (how indeed!) he told me that right now the demand for the S5s is so out of control that people placing orders today will be lucky to get there cars in 9 months.

#6 ·
I have called around, none of my local dealers have any in stock, or incoming that are sold. It really sucks because there are like 10-15 pics of a SB S5s on the web, and most of them are pretty bad to be honest. I guess most people with an SB S5 don't like to post pics of it. I just LOVE SB on the RS4 and S3, but from the pics, SB looks totally different on the S5, which is why I didn't chose it. But it may look different in better pics or IRL, so I am torn as to what I should do. Should I cancel/postpone my order until I can finally see an SB S5, or should I just get the PB S5 that I ordered.

#8 ·
The car is a limited production model with a two continent release coming from one factory. The S5 was probably used to iron out the kinks in the production line so it could be ramped up to mass produce the A5 and because the enthusiasts were going to be the first to buy a car like this anyway. For every one S5 they sell they are going to sell at least 5 A5s. So even though we are paying a premium we get shafted because the money of the few does not add up to beat the money of the many.

#12 ·
I was told mine may be in 2 weeks early as well. Too bad the wife won't let me pick it up until my current lease expires. that is going to be a painful 2-4 weeks depending on when it actually arrives. (Current lease expires 4/30/08).
I wonder if my dealer will grant me visitation rights:D

#15 ·
My dealer wasn't in today, so I couldn't ask what my allocation week is (I will call tomorrow and see). My dad also has an R8 on order from the same salesman, so I hope that may help with him getting the S5 here faster, I dunno. He offered me a Meteor Grey on Red car that was coming in soon and was passed on by the person who originally ordered it, but I passed after I saw a few more Phantom Black pics online... I'd rather wait and get the car I want. And yes, my dealership is in CT.

#25 ·
No others that I know of, but glad to know you are here (I saw your NY label and didn't realize you were a neighbor). Where do you live. I am in Harrison City (beside Murrysville if you didn't know that). When I get mine, we will have to check each others rides out.:D

#20 ·
i was thinking the same thing, greeney..

i go back and forth on whether i want to jump on one that frees up somewhere or to just suck it up and wait.. i convince myself i'll be better prepared for the car change later in the year than i am now or some such other justification..

#21 ·
If the car was black, I'd take it, even though it doesn't have side assist, which I ordered. But, I think you should get the color that you want, and it is def worth the wait IMO, unless u plan to sell it in a few months.

This also gives me more time to find an SB S5 to look at in person to see if I like it, and also enough time to think if I should special order my S5 in Glut or Solar Orange.

#22 ·
assuming the new country one is loaded, that's the one i ordered.. i've seen a bunch of those meteor/magma/carbon ones go by and that's precisely what i want..

though now that i've seen so many i'm rethinking my decision.. this is the problem with having more time to think..

#29 ·
So I called my dealer... there are 3 cars infront of me, all of which have a VIN and were released for produtuion the second week of Jan, so they will be arriving end of the month. So, I am the next person on the list without a release for production date on it, which means I should get it soon. I am hopefully still on track to get the car in April.

#36 ·
R32 - You said you ordered in October. However, from what I understand, Audi's ordering system did not contain an option for a tiptronic until December. Maybe your dealer took the order, and put it in as soon as it was available as an option to order, but that wasn't October. Then there's the question of how many vehicles your dealer is going to have allocated to sell versus everyone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.