Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bumped into one of the salesman from my dealership in the local pizza store last night. After catching up and asking me how I was enjoying the car (how indeed!) he told me that right now the demand for the S5s is so out of control that people placing orders today will be lucky to get there cars in 9 months.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Out of control compared to the trickle of supply, yes.

By the way, I saw the sprint blue S5 that my dealer was sitting on for a bit (canceled order) and photos just don't do that color justice, Jeff. It looked hot in person!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

By the way, I saw the sprint blue S5 that my dealer was sitting on for a bit (canceled order) and photos just don't do that color justice, Jeff. It looked hot in person!
Thanks. Yeah. It's really grown on me and I really love it, especially when it still looks clean and shiny even though it is really dirty because it got caught in the rain or hasn't been washed for a week. Great at hiding dirt.

·
Registered
536 Posts

:( I want to see it in person but I don't know of any in my area!

The time for me to change my color is closing very soon.

Now, as for the thread, I ordered my car Jan 10th and am expected to get it mid April, so maybe it is only for your dealer?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Here's a link to a good representative pic of the sprint blue. I suggest going to any audi dealer around you and finding another model with sprint blue. It's a great color, but I personally didnt want to stand out like that, so I went with deep sea blue.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/13957.phtml
I have called around, none of my local dealers have any in stock, or incoming that are sold. It really sucks because there are like 10-15 pics of a SB S5s on the web, and most of them are pretty bad to be honest. I guess most people with an SB S5 don't like to post pics of it. I just LOVE SB on the RS4 and S3, but from the pics, SB looks totally different on the S5, which is why I didn't chose it. But it may look different in better pics or IRL, so I am torn as to what I should do. Should I cancel/postpone my order until I can finally see an SB S5, or should I just get the PB S5 that I ordered.

·
Registered
128 Posts
9 months..

Is there a labor strike at an Audi plant or something? Technically, the car isn't deemed available for sale if the wait list is that long. More like a pre-order.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The car is a limited production model with a two continent release coming from one factory. The S5 was probably used to iron out the kinks in the production line so it could be ramped up to mass produce the A5 and because the enthusiasts were going to be the first to buy a car like this anyway. For every one S5 they sell they are going to sell at least 5 A5s. So even though we are paying a premium we get shafted because the money of the few does not add up to beat the money of the many.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a link to a good representative pic of the sprint blue. I suggest going to any audi dealer around you and finding another model with sprint blue. It's a great color, but I personally didnt want to stand out like that, so I went with deep sea blue.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/13957.phtml
The Sprint Blue pics on this link actually show a little darker than the color does in person. We've got some decent SB pics posted in this site's photos and videos section. Try Tommy6030’s pics at:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/some-quick-pics-1129/index.html

or mine (I think Tommy’s are better, but some also show a little darker than the color does in person) at:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/some-more-spint-1131/index.html

There's also my avatar, although not the greatest pic it does get the color pretty true to life.

If you are dying for SB, you should get House to tell you which dealer down his way has the SB on the floor froma cancelled order and try to swing a deal and get it shipped up to you.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My delivery date just came forward by three weeks today :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
My delivery date just came forward by three weeks today :)
I was told mine may be in 2 weeks early as well. Too bad the wife won't let me pick it up until my current lease expires. that is going to be a painful 2-4 weeks depending on when it actually arrives. (Current lease expires 4/30/08).
I wonder if my dealer will grant me visitation rights:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jimmyz was your car pulled and do you have an allocation week? You mentioned earlier you bought your car in CT right?

doc7string - I've got the same spec's, when did you order yours? Did you also get an allocation week?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Jimmyz was your car pulled and do you have an allocation week? You mentioned earlier you bought your car in CT right?

doc7string - I've got the same spec's, when did you order yours? Did you also get an allocation week?
My dealer wasn't in today, so I couldn't ask what my allocation week is (I will call tomorrow and see). My dad also has an R8 on order from the same salesman, so I hope that may help with him getting the S5 here faster, I dunno. He offered me a Meteor Grey on Red car that was coming in soon and was passed on by the person who originally ordered it, but I passed after I saw a few more Phantom Black pics online... I'd rather wait and get the car I want. And yes, my dealership is in CT.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Doc, it seems you and I are the only members here in Pittsburgh (well, I rotate between Pittsburgh and NY). Are there any other members here that you may know of ordering an S5 in Pittsburgh?

·
Registered
314 Posts
My dealer wasn't in today, so I couldn't ask what my allocation week is (I will call tomorrow and see). My dad also has an R8 on order from the same salesman, so I hope that may help with him getting the S5 here faster, I dunno. He offered me a Meteor Grey on Red car that was coming in soon and was passed on by the person who originally ordered it, but I passed after I saw a few more Phantom Black pics online... I'd rather wait and get the car I want. And yes, my dealership is in CT.
Which dealer?

·
Registered
182 Posts
i was thinking the same thing, greeney..

i go back and forth on whether i want to jump on one that frees up somewhere or to just suck it up and wait.. i convince myself i'll be better prepared for the car change later in the year than i am now or some such other justification..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts