Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my A5 for about 3 days now, and I absolutely love it. However, there are several little annoyances I've noticed. At the top of that list is the fact that the song title for the currently playing song is not displayed in the dash driver display.

In addition to this, I think the way the song information is displayed on the MMI screen is terrible. It shows all available stations with a tiny fraction of the display dedicated to the song information. It can take up to 10 updates to show the entire song artist and title.

If anyone has a solution for either of these things, I'd be grateful. Otherwise, I'll put up with them. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have the full color drivers information display that comes with the nav and it does show the current song playing at the top.

You can cycle through different information including trip 1, trip 2, and digital speedo by pressing the button on the end of the wiper bar. I keep my screen on the digital speedo and at the top of the color display shows the artist/ song.

About the tiny RDS during radio playback. I have thought the same thing, they should have used a bigger space to show more info at the same time.

Since I installed the 320gb HDD I used the radio less and less though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, my colour DIS also shows the song title at the top of the display.

Also in options you can turn on a popup on the MMI that shows the song title, artist and album for the currently playing song. You need to be in the media screen showing the current directory and the currently playing song. If enabled, the popup comes up after about a second in a white box.

However this is 3G MMI and may be different on yours.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
953 Posts
We have a radio?! :D

I never use mine. I have a 320gig WD Passport drive in there too with nearly 200gigs of music on it. Radio shmadio.

Sooooo glad I didn't spend out the extra on the DAB.

And yes OP, my colour DIS shows the song playing, although it doesn't scroll. Long song titles get truncated, which is particularly annoying.

Anyone know how to get the song/artist info to scroll in the DIS please?

Cheers

·
Registered
821 Posts
@ Maxwell - Are you just talking about Radio, or do you get the same display during CD playback Etc......... !!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tech_e said:
I have the full color drivers information display that comes with the nav and it does show the current song playing at the top.
Hmm, mine only shows the current radio station that I am tuned to, not the artist/song info. I'll try pressing random buttons to see if I can get that to change. Thanks for the info!

tech_e said:
Yeah I need to stop being lazy and go buy a HDD for my music. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

dbs2 said:
@ Maxwell - Are you just talking about Radio, or do you get the same display during CD playback Etc......... !!!
I still haven't moved stuff from my old car into the A5, so I haven't tried CDs yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just tried fiddling with the button at the end of the wiper stalk and with the "set" button to the left of the spedometer, and nothing made the song name show up in the driver display. :-(

To be clear, I have the old (2G?) MMI with nav and I'm trying to get the information broadcast with the radio signal to show in the driver's display in the instrument cluster (It already scrolls on the MMI screen).

·
Registered
953 Posts
To be clear, I have the old (2G?) MMI with nav and I'm trying to get the information broadcast with the radio signal to show in the driver's display in the instrument cluster (It already scrolls on the MMI screen).
I have the old MMI system too. I have Nav & AMI and the artist and song show in the DIS in between the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hmm same set up here and in my short time with the car never got this working despite the below...

maxwell - there is an MMI setting somewhere under Radio for turning on scrolling text but this may be a UK/EU RDS thing only.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hmmm

Interesting this thread...!

I have the 3G MMI and DAB. I don't see any artist/song title info when I'm listening to the radio. All I see is the station select screen...

How do I turn on song/artist info to be displayed?!!

Thx

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hmm, mine only shows the current radio station that I am tuned to, not the artist/song info. I'll try pressing random buttons to see if I can get that to change. Thanks for the info!
It will only show the song name if the source is MP3 (either on CDs or player) or the rare CDs that contain that data. If its on radio it will only show the radio station name as the radio stations dont transmit the song that is playing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this an old thread, but has anyone been able to get this RDS feature to work in the US, or better yet does this feature work at all? I know for sure when I first purchased my A5 with 3G MMI, the RDS was working. Now it only shows the the radio station number. Every once in a while if a HD signal is picked it shows some information, but not the song artist or title of the song. I asked the dealer when I took it in for an oil change and the guy just said it's not available on all stations. Not sure why it works only come of the time. I did find some thing interesting, the times I do see some information on FM, the selection can not be through the presets, but just general stations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts