Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone think the exterior mirrors are too big for it being a coupe? How about thigh extension actually being flush with the seat when its not extended? Cruise control position? Cup holder position? CLK350 style windows would be neat to have on the A5...anyone else agree?

Just curious what everyone thinks now that they've had their cars for sometime.

If they come out with a convertable it would look pretty sick...especially hard top convertable. Of course, it won't come to the US first...so let us know how it looks by posting some pic's if they do come out over seas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like the big mirrors since they provide better visibility. I can't move my seat to a position where the thigh extension would be useful, but it does not get in the way when not extended. The cruise control "stick" is in a nice position, as long as you remember it's below the turn signal stick. Items in the middle cup holders can get in the way while shifting, but it's not a huge inconvenience in my opinion. The "cup holders" in the doors are nice for holding bottled water.

What are CLK350 style windows?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
The door mirrors are large to compensate for the lack of rear visibility, or so my dealer told me.

The cupholder position isn't brililant in the front, but I like the placing in the back.

I haven't really paid much attention to the thigh extension yet but will have a look.

I'm happy with the position of the Cruise Control to be honest.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The door mirrors are fine by me, glad mine fold though!
Cupholder never used for cups!
Love the thigh extension good for long legged folks like me.
Wish I had cruise on mine, it's same position as A3/A4/A6/TT and never had a problem

·
Registered
198 Posts
+1 on the thigh extender. This is my first car that has one and it's great for us tall guys.

like the mirrors, wish they folded :mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seen the convertable...thanks for the pic's. I have to agree that it doesn't look too nice with soft top...and yes it is kinda dated especially for a car that cost so much. Why doesn't Audi do a hard top??

For me being such a shorty...the thigh extender is useless. It just protrudes out and creates a nice hard feeling on the back of my calves...kinda uncomfortable.

The mirrors being about the size of our old FX35...make nice blind spot for someone so vertically challenged as myself. I can put the seat up as high as it goes and it doesn't help...yes I am that short...5'2.

Cup holders in the doors are awesome for bottle water...cup holder in the center, which I usually put my tall cups of coffee in, makes for annoying shifting.

I really would have liked a little more horsepower with the V6...this one kinda lags.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the big mirrors since they provide better visibility. I can't move my seat to a position where the thigh extension would be useful, but it does not get in the way when not extended. The cruise control "stick" is in a nice position, as long as you remember it's below the turn signal stick. Items in the middle cup holders can get in the way while shifting, but it's not a huge inconvenience in my opinion. The "cup holders" in the doors are nice for holding bottled water.

What are CLK350 style windows?
CLK350 the Mercedes Coupe...all the windows come down front & back. It makes it nice for summer days and riding around town.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I believe Audi is simply staying on top of new/future safety regulations regarding exterior rear view mirror size...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Am i missing something, where are the cupholders in the doors????

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I believe Audi is simply staying on top of new/future safety regulations regarding exterior rear view mirror size...
Correct. There is new legislation that affects the whole of europe coming in 2010 that means all new car are going to have "bat ear" door mirrors!!

I think the A5 carries them well but small cars are going to look a bit stupid!

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
legislation

Correct. There is new legislation that affects the whole of europe coming in 2010 that means all new car are going to have "bat ear" door mirrors!!

I think the A5 carries them well but small cars are going to look a bit stupid!
what is the point as hardly anyone seems to look behind these days and they can't mandate everyone to use them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Makes me think about the back up camera... I really only use it to make sure Im in the garage good enough to close the door due to its really tight space. Is it really that hard to just turn your head and look back if you're backing up?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts