Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, less than a week of having the car, I've managed to curb the front nearside! :(

Really angry with myself. It's not bad, only 2" long and not deep, but still want it fixing!

I live in Oxford, but if anyone has any tips on decent repairers / costs to repair, please let me know!

Cheers people.

Chris

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ouch sorry to hear that Chris

Don't know Oxford, but in Liverpool had quite a bad kerd on my Saab 93 Aero Cab 17 Inch multi spoke (my old car, went back 06/01/09, 2 year lease) Hit kerb whilst on country lane.

Cost £25.00 to repair and looked like new. I was impressed.

This was not a take off/repair/bake in the oven job BUT you could not tell the wheel had been repaired in any way and colour perfectly matched others.

Ask people in motor trade/garages etc. pay the 25 quid, put a smile back on yer face, job done!!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Don't worry too much about it, if you can't find anyone local there are plenty of places you can send the wheel to. They will make it good as new for about £40 - £50.

If your stuck pm me, a college of mine sent his away for repair and a good job was done on his, I can ask him for the details and pass them on.

·
Registered
464 Posts
where in liverpool did you get your wheel fixed

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the tips guys. Seems to be cheaper than I thought. Will defo have to get it done. Problem is being a company car I need to have it done by a mobile place as I'll need the car at all times. Still, that link and suggestions fill me with hope!

Cheers people!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune chrispa.

I remember doing something similar to my last car after about a fortnight's ownership. The scrape wasn't all that noticeable, but it seemed like a crater to me!

I found a local chip and dent place and they fixed it so well I couldn't even see the repair, even though I knew exactly where the damage had been. Don't worry, it's easily fixed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
where in liverpool did you get your wheel fixed

Auto Pro Body Repairs

Can't remember exact address, BUT at bottom of Millers Bridge, just off Derby Road, Bootle. On that small industrial estate. You know it??
He's also mobile. I have his mobile No if you want to PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts