Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any member come across any covers for the cupholders? All the journalists rave about the interior of the A5/S5 but to me having the cupholders permanently on show is a bit like leaving the 'fridge door open.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, I also think that the cupholders should have been coved.

I mod would be nice...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree.
Cupholders permanently on show is a bit downmarket for my liking. It's the only thing that pulls down the interior. A bit Transit Van or Renault Scenic.
My R32 has center cupholders, but there is a sliding cover which can be pulled over them when not in use.
I think it's a design nod to the American market from Audi. I can't remember the last time I drove with a Big-Gulp cup in the car :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Has any member come across any covers for the cupholders?
I ran across these on a German forum a while back. Someone made these for their car.

I don't care for the chrome handle. I like the version shown in the last pic (which I believe was made by a different person). It's definitely a big improvement over the large holes!

Cupholders permanently on show is a bit downmarket for my liking. It's the only thing that pulls down the interior.
Agree 100%

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
having the cupholders permanently on show is a bit like leaving the 'fridge door open.
+1
its a bit like a stain on the carpet thats been there for ages but you've only just noticed - once you've noticed it, that is the only thing your eye seems to be drawn to.

A quick search on google and ebay proved fruitless for any covers/lids.

Like the look of the last pic TXcarguy - much better than open cupholders.

Glaring ommission by Audi IMO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Slide cover in Passat CC

Yes it was something I immediately noticed when sitting in the car for a test drive. Quite surprising that it is like that in many of the Audi models. The new Passat CC has a slide cover over the cup holders which looks a lot nicer, wonder why Audi didn't choose to do that?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I ran across these on a German forum a while back. Someone made these for their car.

I don't care for the chrome handle. I like the version shown in the last pic (which I believe was made by a different person). It's definitely a big improvement over the large holes!

Agree 100%
First of all, we can always count on TX to find the right picture, GO TX!! I also have to agree that the large cup holders are a little out of place in the well designed interior of the A5/S5...luckily, I am still so busy starring at the rest of the car when I am in it (but that part will fade in time...the huge cup holders will still be there...). ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Here's a tip...

In order to make the large gaping holes less prevalent, I simply keep my armrest pushed up as far as possible. So, it helps at least to hide the second hole.

Just thought I'd share this tip, FWIW.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts