Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2011 Audi S5 V8 coupe
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know for sure if the CT Carbon RS front grill for a 2011 S5 has the 3 screw threads behind the Audi rings badge for installing the Homelink transmitter? Have tried to message them via their website and on eBay but not got an answer. They said just to order one and if it doesn't I can return it. I'd rather know for sure before ordering. I've attached a picture of the standard S5 grill with the screw threads circled in red.

Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Font

Hope someone can confirm either way.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I've got CT Carbon's RS grille on my 8.5. Good quality with a bit of trimming/modifying either side of where the crash bar crosses. Think I just used snips, easy to do. The grille wasn't sitting flush in the bumper with the tabs left on. Everything else lined up. Can't comment on the Homelink mounts as I don't have it and I can't remember whether the grille has it, sorry. Trying to think back, it might have as I remember fitting the Audi rings and I think I saw those 3 screw holes!?

Note, your Audi rings will not fit the grille!! They use the slight larger rings! You would have though all Audi grille rings were the same size, but not so! I preferred the chrome rings and black surround as per OEM on my S5 black edition, but I had to order a set of chrome rings off Ebay. I still have the gloss black rings that fit the CT carbon grille.

You would have thought CT Carbon themselves would know though! :D

· Registered
2011 Audi S5 V8 coupe
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I would have thought they would have been able to give me an immediate answer too. :rolleyes:

They also don't have the matching foglight surrounds for a pre-facelift S5.

Seriously considering the genuine RS5 front grill on eBay at the moment. Depends on whether the chrome surround can be swapped with my black surround and I can get the honeycomb part resprayed in the correct black.

· Registered
2011 Audi S5 V8 coupe
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got CT Carbon's RS grille on my 8.5. Good quality with a bit of trimming/modifying either side of where the crash bar crosses. Think I just used snips, easy to do. The grille wasn't sitting flush in the bumper with the tabs left on. Everything else lined up. Can't comment on the Homelink mounts as I don't have it and I can't remember whether the grille has it, sorry. Trying to think back, it might have as I remember fitting the Audi rings and I think I saw those 3 screw holes!?

Note, your Audi rings will not fit the grille!! They use the slight larger rings! You would have though all Audi grille rings were the same size, but not so! I preferred the chrome rings and black surround as per OEM on my S5 black edition, but I had to order a set of chrome rings off Ebay. I still have the gloss black rings that fit the CT carbon grille.

You would have thought CT Carbon themselves would know though! :D
My grille arrived today, will hopefully fit it at the weekend. The screw holes for the Homelink transmitter are not there so will have to rethink that. Will also need a larger Audi rings badge as you said. I also prefer to have a chrome badge. Do you remember which eBay seller you used?

· Registered
2,356 Posts
You could use double sided tape to stick the Homelink box onto the grille? Or glue small tubes in place to accept the screws?

I had a look back at my Ebay account and the Chrome Audi rings item is no longer available by that seller. Measure the badge on the RS grille and search Ebay for the chrome version. I think it is only about 5 or 5mm bigger, so check the sizing. Measure you old badge for reference too. The measurements on Ebay might be a few mm out but the size should either be one or the other. Sorry it's a bit vague! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts