Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 3.0TDI quattro sport for a couple of months now (took one from Dealer stock which was almost exactly the spec I wanted).

The "almost" means that the car doesn't have cruise - and I miss it so!

Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit? Has anyone had this done?

The dealer says that it is not possible as the parts aren't available from Audi, although I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi djc1969,

It is likely that it will be possible to retro fit this, indeed the stalk is available but shows as factory back order just now. It is likely that a control module will also be needed too but until we see one to take apart we won't know for sure.

HTH,

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I've had my 3.0TDI quattro sport for a couple of months now (took one from Dealer stock which was almost exactly the spec I wanted).

The dealer says that it is not possible as the parts aren't available from Audi, although I find that hard to believe.
Try http://www.starperformance.co.uk/ in Fife, they might be able to help you out. As for getting it retrofitted, my dealer told me it could be done without any issues.

·
Registered
636 Posts
As for getting it retrofitted, my dealer told me it could be done without any issues.
+1

·
Registered
45 Posts
You cant adapt engine control unit or steering column electrics without action code from the factory server.So the answer is no at present and your dealer would be incorrect unless they know something that audi doesnt.Ask the dealer to send a technical request for retro fit svm code and you will recive the correct response to your query.regarsd a8

·
Registered
45 Posts
rertro fit cruise can be done now at the dealer or with vag com using long code helper change the code in steering column electrics and change the long code in engine electrics and fit the switch.Please note if you retro fit cruise yourself notify the dealer so they can send the info to the factory via svm as this will update the pr numbers of the vehicle and prevent the addition software code change being overwritten when any workshop software updates are carried out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had a message back from my local dealer.

Cruise can now be done - but get this!

Parts £130
Labour £232

Total with VAT - £439!!!!!!!

I think I'll just need to have a steady right foot - unless anyone in central scotland knows where I can get a deal!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Certainly possible in the UK.

My dealer is checking availability just now so that they can do the job when the car is in for some warranty work to the driver seat.

Thats if they reduce the cost as I am getting fed up with them allegedly "repairing" the fauly seat only to go and pick the car up to find it still isn't resolved.:(

·
Registered
225 Posts
APR used to retro fit cruise all the time as their remap was altered using the cruise controll stalk... APR

Just checked and they are still using the cruise stalk for one of their maping services so must retro fit cruise to other Audi cars, no mention of A/S5??? more here

Find your local dealer and ask here for the US

Here for the UK

They will have a host of experience installing cruise to Audi cars... I had my TT done back in 2002

Jason

·
Registered
118 Posts

Have a look at http://www.kufatec.com/

They have OEM parts for retrofitting most options Sat Nav, Parking + and Parking advanced, as well as TV and bluetooth options.

Your part is 199 EUR about £160 ! including all control units and wiring looms.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_....html/XTCsid/b933d03947e053db036fe0f25a005758

Have a look - Good luck.

·
Registered
636 Posts
That is a very interesting site.

Can I ask a stupid question. What is the difference between an Audi A5 8T and an Audi A5 B8?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cruise Control Retrofit £275

Hi everyone,
i have had cruise control retro-fitted to my A5 3.0 tdi by Gareth from Hazzydayz Ltd.
He charged £275 for this service and even gave me a 3 year guarantee with the work.
Excelklent customer service would recommend to everyone interested.
I have included a link to his website

http://www.vwcruise.com/13.html

any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
i asked at least 20 people about hazzydayz ltd before using them and they all responded positively.
He also has a Ebay account http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Hazzydayz-Ltd_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm with a very impressive feedback record.

Hope this helps.
Any questions ask.

Installation took just under 1 hour and he came with all the correct equiptment and tools and knew exactly what he was doing.
:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I also notice from the site that Gareth offers to fit a flat bottomed steering wheel to the A5.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Car is back at the dealer today to have the seat (hopefully) fixed.

While its in the cruise is being fitted - managed to agree to pick up the cost of parts only because of the number of times they haven;t managed to fix the faulty seat.

Not bad, cruise retro fitted for less than the cost of the factory option:)

Just hope they manage to fix the damn seat!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
.............and the saga continues!

Went to the dealer to pick the 5 up yesterday - cruise should have been fitted and the drivers seat repaired.

The service manager then says that the car needs to come back in as they are "waiting on parts":mad:

It turns out, as well as the fault codes registered from the seat, there is a faulty lumber support mechanism that needs replaced - guess what..... on back order from the factory with no ETA!

Needless to say I went ballistic.

Cruise was fitted however, and in an attempt to bring me back from orbit the dealer says they won't charge me for the cruise.

Got home, still furious........got out of the 5........one of the LED's has gone!

Phoned the dealer immediately and this will get sorted at the same time as the seat - whenever that may be.

Had my last car (5 series beemer) for 14 months from new and from the day that I picked it up it never so the dealer again.

What is going on at Audi?:confused:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Got home, still furious........got out of the 5........one of the LED's has gone!

Phoned the dealer immediately and this will get sorted at the same time as the seat - whenever that may be.
Whilst I feel for you regarding the seats, your dealer should be able to sort the LED out quickly. I reported one of mine out on Monday and the headlamp unit was replaced on Wednesday. Better than driving around with an embarrassing gap in your LED 'teeth'.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.