Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the forum and new to owning an S5, only had it a week and so far I am extremely happy it is a 2011 convertible.

When driving over speed bumps, very uneven roads etc. I can hear a lot of creaking from the front passenger side wheel. I did suspect a bush or ball joint so I had my Mechanic put it on the ramp for and inspection however, All parts are completely solid with no play or movement. He suggested a dry joint? and lubricated all where necessary.

The creek is still there and I am curious if anyone has come across this before?

Cheers

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats on the nice choice of motor. IMO 10 year old car if the suspension has not been refreshed it would be very tired by now. It will not handle anything close to what a S5 should.
I hope this video helps this mechanic had trouble locating the noise. It could be the 2 lower control arms or sway bar bushes or the rubber strut mounts.

Unforetunately it be very hard to pinpoint exact point of noise and replace each part that via garage can be very expensice. Unless you are able to take on this job DIY I say put the radio on :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.