Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experimented with a different foglight than eveyrone else uses, but looking back, 7000k is WAY TOO BLUE, and I'd prefer stock. Nevertheless, it throws off my whitebalance, so I preferred to finish this photo in black and white rather than making the headlights look yellow in comparison to the blue fogs. =)

This is the current fleet, not counting the GF's Corolla.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Love the effect in the pic Supra. Funny thing is that I thought the stock fogs were too yellow compared to the headlights. Your new fogs must be really blue...I was pretty pleased with the Hoen H11s...

I installed some blue LEDs for the dome and maps in the interior and it gives off a really cool look against the red lights on the dash...always something!;)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the effect in the pic Supra. Funny thing is that I thought the stock fogs were too yellow compared to the headlights. Your new fogs must be really blue...I was pretty pleased with the Hoen H11s...

I installed some blue LEDs for the dome and maps in the interior and it gives off a really cool look against the red lights on the dash...always something!;)
Yes.. REALLLY blue. This should give you an idea:

I picked up a different set of bulbs which are more like the Hoen's but haven't tried them yet.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even after switching to better matching bulbs, I'd be far more inclined to use foglights if they turned on automatically with the headlights. Maybe I'm just lazy, but it's tedious to have that extra step. =P

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know what you mean...it would be nice to have it come on automatically, but I guess the DRLs are auto enough. Here's a pic of mine after the H11s were installed...and I will keep pushing the button because I like the look. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Love that first picture SupraBlur, would like to see it in colour?

When are the wheels and springs/coilovers going on :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Even after switching to better matching bulbs, I'd be far more inclined to use foglights if they turned on automatically with the headlights. Maybe I'm just lazy, but it's tedious to have that extra step. =P
I feel the same way.

I wonder how yellow bulbs would look.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel the same way.

I wonder how yellow bulbs would look.
The problem with yellow bulbs is that they never really look that yellow. The Toyota/Lexus yellow fogs actually use a capsule over a regular white bulb to give them that vivid yellow look.

IMO, yellow fogs is a very JDM look (even though I realize w123, w126 Mercs had them also) and would probably be out of place on an Audi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts