Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have 2008 audi a5 coupe 2.7tdi 140kw, and during this night my passenger door window broke and shattered, i dont know why but after cleaning everything up i tried to open the door and it didint open from outside and inside, i have changed this exact door actuator already and i know its working still and it should be fine, i somehow managed to take off door card without opening the door from inside and i opened the door by taking off a plastic peace of door actuator and pushing some metal stuff, and as well i have done it before, so i tried hooking up old door lock actuator i had that still worked but some plastic peaces been broken off inside and when i connected it, it didint work aswell, tried to unlock there was no sound from it coming out, same was happening with current door lock actuator, no sound or whatever, on drivers side there is sound even when the door is open and when i try to unlock it, any thought what could be wrong, all fuses are fine on passengers door side

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Have you checked the lead lead going to the module is all fine and no cuts?

when the glass was shattered was it raining and water got into the door modules/actuator?

~Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wire looks fine rubber isnt cutted i have pulled rubber of the connector and the wires were fine, yea when glass shattered after i managed to open the door there was water inside the door but there was no water in or on the actuator, idk ill try plugging my actuator from the side that is not working on a working side, if the actuator is fine there is something else wrong i guess diagnostics would help

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Yes a Rosstech cable is highly recommended, as you can use it for the life of the car. More importantly you can see communications between modules too and if that is the case then it’s a clear way of telling👍🏻

~Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts