Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new B8 A5 owner and first time poster here. I picked up my car a week ago and noticed something odd. Regardless of engine temp, and in cold weather, the main rad fan runs all the time. The coolant temp can only reach about 65 C when driving. I've found some people have a similar issue and it sounds like a coolant temp sensor could be bad, or water pump/ t stat. Anyone able to chime in?

· Registered
71 Posts
Hi all, new B8 A5 owner and first time poster here. I picked up my car a week ago and noticed something odd. Regardless of engine temp, and in cold weather, the main rad fan runs all the time. The coolant temp can only reach about 65 C when driving. I've found some people have a similar issue and it sounds like a coolant temp sensor could be bad, or water pump/ t stat. Anyone able to chime in? View attachment 179341

Hi,

I had the same problem. Check the Air conditioning pressure sensor G395.
If you have VCDS, go to HVAC, measuring block 51. Check the refrigerant pressure.
Mine was 54Bar, when I put the key in the ignition the fan started to spin even if it stayed in a garage for 2 days.

Hope it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.