Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 audi a5 3.2..
My issue is that i have a big coolant loss issue. Ive have the head gaskets replaced and the car is stll losing coolant. I do believe the coolant is getting into the oil. i find traces of white milky sludge on the oil cap. Its just strange to me cause the head gasets were changed. How would coolant get into the oil? At times the plastic coolant tank will maintain the level but other times the coolant emptys very quicky and other times it emptys very slowly. I also never see coolant leaking from underneath the car. Hoping to find someone who had this issue and knows how to fix it.
thanks

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Hiya mate PLEASE show us the car and not you!!!!! I had a 3.2 and never saw this problem, how many miles do you have on the car? If she has overheated then you may have warped heads so as well as new gaskets she will need the heads to be skimmed. Let us know thanks Simon

· Registered
B8.5 13' A5
14 Posts
I have a 2009 audi a5 3.2..
My issue is that i have a big coolant loss issue. Ive have the head gaskets replaced and the car is stll losing coolant. I do believe the coolant is getting into the oil. i find traces of white milky sludge on the oil cap. Its just strange to me cause the head gasets were changed. How would coolant get into the oil? At times the plastic coolant tank will maintain the level but other times the coolant emptys very quicky and other times it emptys very slowly. I also never see coolant leaking from underneath the car. Hoping to find someone who had this issue and knows how to fix it.
thanks
How long ago was your headgasket changed? How much coolant are you losing? Has the amount you're needing to add slowly lessened?
I ask these questions because my mind immediately goes to the coolant lines not being burped properly.

However, it is also possible that the headgasket was installed improperly and not creating a good seal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.