Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 S5 4.2L 6MT
190,000 miles

I have developed a coolant leak into the oil system and I am afraid this will lead to engine failure.

I have already replaced the Oil Cooler and the O-rings associated with it.

Are there any other places besides a head gasket that could allow the coolant into the engine oiling system?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
13 Posts
2011 S5 4.2L 6MT
190,000 miles

I have developed a coolant leak into the oil system and I am afraid this will lead to engine failure.

I have already replaced the Oil Cooler and the O-rings associated with it.
what is the best synthetic oil, you can visit AutoGuysLand to review their post for this matter. Are there any other places besides a head gasket that could allow the coolant into the engine oiling system?

Thanks for your help
It has another causes as radiator hoses and radiator cap that can allow the coolant leak.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Ricardo mate what do you mean?? Could be be the hoses causing the leak? I would personally start with all of the simple things (hoses etc radiator cap) and then progress step by step. HOPING that the head gaskets are ok.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I bypassed the PCV months ago when the plastic nipple on the bottom of the intake cracked off. I replaced the O-rings on the tube that runs between the engine block and the timing chain covers on the back side of the motor and it seems like its still leaking into the oil system, only faster now.

My final thought is that the water pump is failing and coolant is getting by the shaft seals and into to the oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts