Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

First of all I added this topic in here as i couldnt find a relative topic about my questions so apologies..

I am moving back home where we dirve LHD cars. I have an Audi A5 which i really like and i paid a lot of money for it and i dont want to sell it here as they dont give me a lot. So i decided to keep it and with the relocation plan i can take it to my country without paying any customs, taxes etc. I have some ideas about bow to make my driving experience a bit easier such as have a dash cam but move it to the left so i can check on the road for cars on the other side etc. But i deally, I would like to find parts and convert it to LHD eventually. I know that it can be done if you have the parts but my question is if anyone knows someone with a similar problem like me and if they carried on with the conversion, what parts did they need? was it easy? prons and cons anyway and what was the result afterwards?

Thanks
Spyros

·
Registered
39 Posts
RHD to LHD on any car is a major job and very expensive. It's nearly always easier and a lot cheaper to just buy a LHD car. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You could just drive. I drove for 5 years in France in my RHD car. The only time it caused issues was when overtaking as you can't see round the vehicle you want to pass so you get stuck behind things. I also had problems with my headlamps which needed replacing in order to pass the control technic, but I believe audis have a switch for this. Parallel parking is easier.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You could just drive. I drove for 5 years in France in my RHD car. The only time it caused issues was when overtaking as you can't see round the vehicle you want to pass so you get stuck behind things. I also had problems with my headlamps which needed replacing in order to pass the control technic, but I believe audis have a switch for this. Parallel parking is easier.
Agree. I drove my RHD car in Europe two years ago and did not have problems overtaking. Just drop back from the vehicle in front to gain more vision.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is no switch for making your headlights compatible with driving on a certain side of the road. You'll need headlights from a LHD car but that swap is easy. RHD to LHD... You could probably buy another car for what it would cost in parts, nevermind the time you'd be down.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
There is no switch for making your headlights compatible with driving on a certain side of the road. You'll need headlights from a LHD car but that swap is easy. RHD to LHD... You could probably buy another car for what it would cost in parts, nevermind the time you'd be down.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
I think it might depend on what lights you have and what you want to achieve, ie. full conversion or flattening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts