Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

convenience window

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Ess5ive 
#1 ·
Only had my car a couple of weeks now but I've noticed on a few occasions that the convenience window on the drivers side doesn't always close.

It means I get a whistling sound when I drive and then have to manually close the window...

Anybody else experienced this?

Mallory

#2 ·
Only had my car a couple of weeks now but I've noticed on a few occasions that the convenience window on the drivers side doesn't always close.

It means I get a whistling sound when I drive and then have to manually close the window...

Anybody else experienced this?

Mallory
I'm not to sure, but I think I read something similar somewhere... I think it had to do with the cold weather?

#3 ·
I did read a thread about the cold, preventing the windows from opening as the where frozen shut, but this is the opposite; they drop when the door is opened, but then fail to close properly when the door is closed.

I then have to press the window button to close them properly.

Its happened about 4 times now in a 3 week period. I just wanted to see what you guys said before going to Audi.

Cheers

Mallory

#4 ·
The convenience opening is not what you describe, It is when you can open and close your windows via the remote.... If when you unlock the car with the remote, if you hold the button too long the windows will start to open till you release the button, this may be the cause of your problem !!! you may be acidently opening the window with your remote before you get in, so when you close your door it would not close :)

#5 ·
I didn't realise that in slightest! just went outside and pressed and held the open button (on the key fob) and weyhey the windows opened.

Conversely the closed when holding the lock button.

I will keep an eye on that, as that may well be the problem!

CHEERS!!! :D:D:D:D

#6 ·
Have had the same thing happen a few times now. I'm going to try to take it in for service this week. I will update if I hear anything. I almost want to say it has something to do with multiple opening an shutting the doors went turned off. It's happened when I've washed my car... the getting in and out to wash the windows etc.

#7 ·
Mallory,

If the convienience open was the casue of your problem and it starts getting to you, you can disable this feature under car setup in the MMI.

G

#9 ·
Opening and closing the windows with the remote makes getting into and out of the car much easier in tight spaces like car parks. As the door windows are frameless having the window down gives you somewhere to lean into when squeezing into the car. Once you try getting in and out with the windows down in a tight gap it makes perfect sense.

#11 ·
That feature is not enabled on US spec cars. You have to use VAG-COM (VCDS) to make it an active feature. (See this thread for more details.)

#14 ·
Hi Mallory, do you carry front seat passengers much? It sounds like the mechanism which may be at fault is that which automatically drops the window by 5mm or so when opened so that the top of the glass can clear the rubber seal into which it should rise again when closed.

Sounds like for some reason on that door the window is dropping as it should when opened, but failing to rise again when closed?

Just a thought.

Windows eh? Who would ever have thought they could be so complicated. What a pane!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.