Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Audi A5 coupe Quattro 2.0 Sline and I am trying to play my Amazon music from iPhone but this doesn’t play if there a way of doing this or does it need some kind of adapter as can’t find anywhere where you could potentially plug a wire in ?

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
A5 model year ? MMI or Concert/Symphony ? AMI connector in the glovebox ? AUX-IN port in the center armrest storage box ? More details needed here. --g

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A5 model year ? MMI or Concert/Symphony ? AMI connector in the glovebox ? AUX-IN port in the center armrest storage box ? More details needed here. --g
So I have a concert 2 which is a single CD, no AMI in glove box, the model is December 2009 model, Wick in the centre I don’t appear to have Aux port in but just a cigarette light. In the centre there is a kind of flat black plastic with like 5 gold teeth coming up from it, unsure what this is but must be some kind of connector

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
@Ra k : Your '09 A5 has hands-free phone preparation, only: no audio streaming over Bluetooth (MMI systems got this in '12). But what about that "kind of flat black plastic with like 5 gold teeth coming up from it" thing ? Where is that -- in the armrest storage box? On the center console ? I don't recognize this. In non-MMI systems, AMI is implemented as a separate module (e.g., VAG PN 8T0-035-785-A) in the glove box. BTW, someone over on the Audiworld forum was looking for a way to enable analog AUX-IN on their Concert radio recently (thread HERE). --g

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Ra k : Your '09 A5 has hands-free phone preparation, only: no audio streaming over Bluetooth (MMI systems got this in '12). But what about that "kind of flat black plastic with like 5 gold teeth coming up from it" thing ? Where is that -- in the armrest storage box? On the center console ? I don't recognize this. In non-MMI systems, AMI is implemented as a separate module (e.g., VAG PN 8T0-035-785-A) in the glove box. BTW, someone over on the Audiworld forum was looking for a way to enable analog AUX-IN on their Concert radio recently (thread HERE). --g
Thank you very much, nothing seems simple with these older Audi but am enjoying the ride so that’s the main thing

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
@Mart838 : You must have an MMI 3G+ system; Bluetooth audio streaming capability is part of that system starting around 2012. No Concert or Symphony systems have this capability in any B8/B8.5 cars. --g

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
Controls on the center console: MMI 3G High or 3G Plus: [MENU] > [MMI Setup] > [Version Information]
Software version HNav = 3G High; HN+ = 3G Plus.

No controls on center console: single CD player = Concert radio; 6-CD changer = Symphony radio.

Confirm with PR code(s) from production sticker in the boot. --g

1 - 13 of 13 Posts