Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i am looking at upgrading my tail lights to the FL LED ones, I bought a set on ebay from germany but i was told they dont fit the RHD model so i am having trouble sourcing a pair for mine, is it because the LHD model doesnt have the reverse light

Automotive lighting Rectangle Font Auto part Bag

this is the set i bought

and this is the set i want with the light bar
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Car Automotive lighting

· Registered
2 Posts
They look like the same lights in both pictures, one set just looks to have been tinted. The set you have bought have the led light bar you are talking about. Fit them to your car and make sure everything works as it should without any errors before spending money on another set.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
On older Audis the fog light was only on 1 side and the side depended on whether it was a RHD or LHD, but the modern LED lights have fogs on both sides.

I too can see no reason why they would be different!?

You will most probably need a wiring kit and VCDS coding to get them to work properly, so give @Baas J. a message and he'll be able to answer your techy Qs and supplier you with the wiring adapters and coding instructions.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Im looking at these on ebay they come off a 2012 A5 will these fit mine View attachment 180530
I don't know what year your car is or what rear lights you have currently, but regardless, the rear lights will fit from 2007 to 2016 B8 and B8.5. It's the wiring and coding that will be the difference, but still possible on any model/year for the B8 and B8.5, with the correct wiring adapters and coding. :D

Reactions: Elberoth

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I put pre face lift 'matrix' LEDs on my old 2009 halogen A5. When I did this, the facelift LED bar style rear lights were still quite expensive. I only paid £120 for the LED matrix style. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.