Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some info about the Audi A5 I thought I would share.

Options for the A5 are in the US Audi System.
However, no details or pricing are available

I only got this over the phone, but the three main options were:
A technology package
A convenience package
A sports package
Bang & Olufsen
Navigation System

I also learned that the A5s are scheduled to be ordered at the end of August/ first week of September.

Can anybody confirm or provide additional details please?

·
Registered
97 Posts
thanks for the info, do you happen to know what is included in those packages?

I hope that the advanced key thing is included in the convenience pkg.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on the S5.
I would guess that the Technology Package will include:
Rear parking system w/ rearview camera
Adaptive headlights
Advanced Key

Navigation option maybe required inorder to get Tech Package.

From word of mouth, the convenience package might include:
Memory settings for seats/mirrors
Homelink garage door opener
Bi-Xeon Headlights
<<Maybe some more stuff that are standard on the S5>>

Again these are just guesses. I've never owned an Audi and am new to this. I am curious what will be part of the Sports package? Perhaps: Sport seats (which I have no idea what this means), sport suspension, tire option?

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah I'm not sure either... it just seems like a waste of money if some of the packages have features we want and others we don't need. I guess if we go by next yr's A4 options
Convenience Package:
Includes memory for driver seat and exterior mirrors with 4 memory settings, HomeLink universal remote transmitter, bi-Xenon self-leveling headlights with Adaptive Front Lighting, headlight dusk sensor and auto delay, auto-dimming interior rearview mirror with compass, electrically folding auto-dimming exterior mirrors and rain sensor.
S Line Sport Package:
Includes sport tuned suspension, brushed aluminum trim, S line multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles and aluminum door sills with S line logo. REQUIRES PPX. NOT AVAILABLE with Light Gray, Light Gray, Beige, Beige

I guess techpackage might overlap with some stuff from the convenince package?
This is pure speculation, I guess we will wait and see around late August.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I am for sure getting:
Convenience Package
Technology Package
Navigation System
Exterior: Meteor Gray Pearl Effect

Unsure about getting:
Interior Color (Maybe black or dark gray)
Tire upgrade to the 5 arm Y design
Carbon Atlas inlays

Any thoughts about the Meteor Gray color or options you know for sure you are set on based on some obvious assumptions that can be made about these packages?

From what I've been told, the standard options will be pretty much loaded like the S5 except for those that will be included in either the Sport or Convenient Packages.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think Meteor gray would be a good color choice, however I see alot of black, silver, and white cars on the road so I'm not sure about the uniqueness factor if that is any concern. But the exterior color will always be a personal preference. You can see how the color looks like on the audi site along with interior colors to match.

I was looking at the deep sea blue color and it looks pretty sharp. Either that or I would go for the steathly look of black.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are right, its a personal choice. I do like the Black, but typically its hard to clean and over time it shows swirls. My wife has a sorta Meteor Gray Honda and I like its color.

I've seen an interior color of Dark Gray which in some pics which is what I would prefer, but unsure about the options that will be available. I only see three choices for interior: Black, Silver, Brown. So we'll see.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think Meteor gray would be a good color choice, however I see alot of black, silver, and white cars on the road so I'm not sure about the uniqueness factor if that is any concern. But the exterior color will always be a personal preference. You can see how the color looks like on the audi site along with interior colors to match.

I was looking at the deep sea blue color and it looks pretty sharp. Either that or I would go for the steathly look of black.
Stealthy? I see more black and dark colored cars pulled over getting tickets in LA than any other color. There's nothing stealthy about this car, the LED headlamps and the roar of the engine and exhausts aren't stealthy either. You want stealthy, get an S4. You want "get out of my way you prissy bitchy wanna-be business entrepreneur 3series"... then get an S5 :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, very funny!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I live near L.A, didn't know we were talking about the s5 :). I think the A5 in black will attract less attention than the S5 most likely, since it's in a different performance category. Wish I had the money for an S5 though. I defintely think the body shape is better than the played out 3-series.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard today that in just a couple weeks more info regarding details about the A5 option details and the pricing will be available.

The price for an S5 all around is too much, which is why I'm more interested in the A5. Having a V8 might be nice for fun/performance, but it'll cost me at the fuel pump. Also, it really does not look that different to me from the outside other than the twin tail pipes in the back and the color of the side mirrors. Of course the S5 symbol too, but over all it costs more to purchase and more to maintain. So two negatives which has turned my attention to the A5.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I have heard this won't be available until 2008.
I've read this forum and other sites as much as I could about A5 availability on the U.S. side of the pond and have seen nothing close to concrete of course. My local dealer (in Tampa) is indicating that worst case is January, while best case is December (and likely manual only at that point - which is no problem for me). This all seems quite optimistic to me with "Spring 2008" being the norm. Any idea as to whether this guy is blowing smoke to get the order on the books?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've read this forum and other sites as much as I could about A5 availability on the U.S. side of the pond and have seen nothing close to concrete of course. My local dealer (in Tampa) is indicating that worst case is January, while best case is December (and likely manual only at that point - which is no problem for me). This all seems quite optimistic to me with "Spring 2008" being the norm. Any idea as to whether this guy is blowing smoke to get the order on the books?
The dealership I'm working with is saying orders will start in September/October. Whenever the S5 prices are released, then ordering for the A5 is expected. Delivery might be either December/January.

Now when I contact AoA, they of course just tell me March 2008.

So I don't know either.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
The dealership I'm working with is saying orders will start in September/October. Whenever the S5 prices are released, then ordering for the A5 is expected. Delivery might be either December/January.

Now when I contact AoA, they of course just tell me March 2008.

So I don't know either.
For the A5 I would plan early 2008, I think a lucky few might get an A5 end of 2007 but not many.
That was the part that really threw me, ABhatnagar....how can he have the pricing and options for me to come in and truly place an order?

Andrew....yes, I'd consider anyone Stateside to be very lucky to have an A5 this year but the info is so scattered and vague at this point that I don't even really have a basis to NOT believe him either...

Something just seems off, but I'll report back after I head out there this weekend..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
House,

I'm working with a dealer about an hour away. I wasn't pleased with the rookie sales guy at my local dealer. Anyways, I can go and spec it out because the options are in the AIM system.

However, from last I heard there are no details of the options or pricing. Otherwise, its nothing official and its all pre-order status.

Arv

1 - 20 of 31 Posts