Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, went down to the Rockville Audi/Porsche and they confirmed. Sorry, Audi has lost their customer. I'm going to get that 335xi tomorrow. I can't wait that long.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Can you put a little more meat on those bones? Yikes! I just confirmed my dates with my dealer again today (still a port hold through 3/31).

Do you mean a 3-4 month delay if you haven't ordered yet?

If I was looking at anything past April, I'd be switching to a 335i as well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't think so... unless what house is saying maybe if you order now... but like Arvin? How would they keep it for that much longer... no way.

Did they check with AoA?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I dunno... I was deciding between the 335xi and S5, not the A5, and I decided to get the S5, but it didn't win me over by much. Honestly, I like the way the BMW delivers its power much better, but I liked the responsiveness of the S5 better. I do love the 335 with Montego on Saddle, but I think that the S5 has a more masculine, aggressive look, and there will be a lot less of them on the road. However, if I was deciding between the 335 and A5, I would take the 335 without hesitation, in fact I still have second thoughts about choosing the S5 over the 335, and it has nothing to do with price. I think you made a good choice, just get it in Montego on saddle with grey popplar wood trim, which would have been my combo.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update on the 335xi.

The dealer didn't have the one I wanted so I had to order it, should be here within 3 weeks.

Black on Black
Prem Package.
Heated seats.

And that's it. That's all I really needed :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
An ordered BMW usually takes 5-6 weeks :-\.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I got to visit the Rockville dealership a couple of summers ago while I did my internship in DC. Good guys there.

I would also like to hear about the car. Good luck with the wait.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
let us know how the 335xi drives when it arrives. Not much reviews for the awd version of the 335i
It's....FREAKIN AWESOME!

I took delivery last night. Awesome Awesome car!

The power is just astonishing!!!

I would def. Recommend it if you don't want to wait for the A5.

O and it's a coupe.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's....FREAKIN AWESOME!

O and it's a coupe.
hotice, when you bought your car, didyou ask about, or heard anything about the M sport package? i haven't read any news about its availability in the US or Canada for a while now .... i like the 335 xi coupe as well, but I won't get it without the M sport package....

·
Registered
314 Posts
hotice, when you bought your car, didyou ask about, or heard anything about the M sport package? i haven't read any news about its availability in the US or Canada for a while now .... i like the 335 xi coupe as well, but I won't get it without the M sport package....
M Sport still isnt available in the US from the factory...

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's....FREAKIN AWESOME!

O and it's a coupe.
Yeah, as I told others it is quite fast, maybe even faster than an S5. Which is why I don't really see why someone would get an A5, unless they just love the looks of it so so soooo much more more, which I don't. I had a pretty tough time choosing between a 335i and an S5, until I realized that the M3 MSRP was in my affordable range, so now it is M3 vs. S5, we will see what happens (I have put deposits down on both cars... just really waiting to test drive the new M3 and get the lease numbers before I make a final decision)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah, as I told others it is quite fast, maybe even faster than an S5. Which is why I don't really see why someone would get an A5, unless they just love the looks of it so so soooo much more more, which I don't. I had a pretty tough time choosing between a 335i and an S5, until I realized that the M3 MSRP was in my affordable range, so now it is M3 vs. S5, we will see what happens (I have put deposits down on both cars... just really waiting to test drive the new M3 and get the lease numbers before I make a final decision)
The 335i is already ridiculously fast. I can't imagine what the M3 will be like.. The M3 will cost a few grand more, depending on your options, but it's going to be one hell of a beast!

·
Registered
86 Posts
The M3 will absolutely trounce the S5, but then they are not really aimed at competing with one another. The RS5 will provide this purpose, but for that you will have to wait a couple of years.

In the UK there have been tests of 335i coupe vs S5 and the 335i was marginally quicker round the track, but then the only similarity is that they are both coupes. One turbo 6, the other NA V8. One rear wheel drive, the other AWD etc... I would have the S5 as it looks and sounds so much better IMO and the residuals will also hold up longer.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's....FREAKIN AWESOME!

O and it's a coupe.

Congrats...

A bit of irony, that I took delivery of my new A5 a day before you took delivery of your 335i. The irony is that you switched from getting an A5 to a 335i because you were not going to get it sooner?!

Ahhh well, both are really nice cars and glad you are enjoying your new car as much as I am mine! :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats...

A bit of irony, that I took delivery of my new A5 a day before you took delivery of your 335i. The irony is that you switched from getting an A5 to a 335i because you were not going to get it sooner?!

Ahhh well, both are really nice cars and glad you are enjoying your new car as much as I am mine! :cool:
:D I honestly can't wait yet ANOTHER 6 months. I waited the first time. Not going to wait again.

There is a sport package but not an M sport package.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts