Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
concert SD Headunit removal...update with i-pod possibly?

newbee help here please, does anyone know how to remove the standard concert/SD headunit from the dash?
any usefull links?
thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had my symphony replaced by the dealer.
The removal is pretty easy. As I recall, the mechanic used a sharp tool to take out the air vents above the radio unit first and then by hand pulled it out. 1 minute job.

·
Registered
124 Posts
newbee help here please, does anyone know how to remove the standard concert/SD headunit from the dash?
any usefull links?
thanks
Why are you removing it? If you do, it would be good to snap some pics throughout the process.

·
Registered
479 Posts
^^ Very cool writeup, but a little surprised that it doesn't use standard Audi/VW radio removal keys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
only thing you need is 2 or 4 audi-radio removal keys

it's pretty easy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMI3ktIPCcU
well similar to this ofcourse ... ;)
its not the same as the one in the A5. the A5's one has no slots for any keys and its the SD slost type if that helps.
i have all available audio keys but this is the first time i've been asked to do an A5 and no doubt it wont be the last as i think i-pod addition is on the cards at some point as its for a friend who's company are paying for a removable handsfree kit as they wont pay for the audi kit.
want to see if this unit comes with ISO plugs as standard so a parrot kit can be added, new 3200ls + version as its controls are removable easily.

i will do a photo supported write up for this guys...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Remove facing of MMI screen from righ corner under. The airco vents above the have two holes on the side when you look in it with a torch. Use a little hook on both sides (like this; http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/Parts/Tools/SnapOnPick.jpg) to pull it straight towards you. Than remove the airco switch panel, same principle but the holes are underneath the unit, you can feel it with your finger. Than the radio, I believe there were two M6 screws holding it (seen to much dashes since I built in the Kufatec module)

Edit: the same as the attachment from mohawk, but i did not pry in between the airco panel but from underneath... Less change of scratching the unit inho...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Wow what a nightmare for concert owners! Apologies for the misinformation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts