Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

681 - 695 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hello guys. I wanted to activate the OPTICAL parking sensor option. I have the 2014 A5 Cabrio, USA Specs, and i no longer have a separate controller for the parking assistance. As far as i read, it has been integrated in the Central Convenience module, i think.
So, is there a way to code it to show graphic display? I have resr sensors only, with rear view camera. But on the camera i don't get the small car with the lines, like i do on my A8.
I followed the steps here, but they don't apply to me.

Thank you!
No it isn't

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello guys. I wanted to activate the OPTICAL parking sensor option. I have the 2014 A5 Cabrio, USA Specs, and i no longer have a separate controller for the parking assistance. As far as i read, it has been integrated in the Central Convenience module, i think.

So, is there a way to code it to show graphic display? I have resr sensors only, with rear view camera. But on the camera i don't get the small car with the lines, like i do on my A8.

I followed the steps here, but they don't apply to me.

Thank you!
I just re-did mine after a change of headunit. You can find the right setting to activate under radio.

If you use long coding assistant it should be clear which byte to change.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Two options I would love...
1 Rain sensor to close the sun roof. Had this on my golf and saved quite a few wet bums
2. The electronic park brake to activate when park is selected.

Can't get either of these to work on the B8.5 S5 :(

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
1 Rain sensor to close the sun roof. Had this on my golf and saved quite a few wet bums
2. The electronic park brake to activate when park is selected.
1) Don't know, but I don't think it has that feature to activate.

2) The B9 can do it, though it's when you switch off not just selecting P. I never found an option for that on my 8.5 either, don't think it's there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have OBDeleven not sure if its working or if I am doing anything wrong.
Anyone wants to play with it, they are more than welcome to come by around Gatwick/Crawley.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had OBDII scanner for years and it's sufficed on my A6, with the new service requirements and the Audi dealer over 100 miles away VAGCOM has been a blessing and worth the cost. Thanks for the list!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey chaps,

I've just come back to the A5 b8.5 scene,

For the life of me I cant find the VCDS codes for semi dynamic tail lights..

I'm sure I did this on my 2012 facelift sportback without buying modules/adapters.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
There's absolutely no way you did this without an adopter for semi dynamic. I am doing the real dynamic retrofit right now with my tail lights and I had to open them to replace the boards. Either way no coding can get you there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I say semi dynamic I mean....2 way flash, so light on tailgate then the fixed light part...I'm aware there where modules that did this but that was same thing, or maybe a bit better effect .

In searching for it a few people have mentioned it too but cant see codes.

I'm going back 4 years ago..and I 100% did not by the adapters

·
Registered
243 Posts
When I say semi dynamic I mean....2 way flash, so light on tailgate then the fixed light part...I'm aware there where modules that did this but that was same thing, or maybe a bit better effect .

In searching for it a few people have mentioned it too but cant see codes.

I'm going back 4 years ago..and I 100% did not by the adapters
Never have I heard of any coding that does that and that's coming from people that mod this platform to death. However, since you claimed to have had it I won't doubt what you said but when you do find it I'm sure other people would like to know because for the many years that I've been a part of the Audi Community you're the first one to have said coding alone works.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is there a way with VCDS to alter the one touch three blinks on the indicators to five blinks. This can be done on VW,s and it can also be added to the MDI so you can revert back if you want to. I find this most useful on motorway lane changes as it saves me from holding down the indicator switch. Also is there away to add footwell light percentage to the MDI so that I can get the right ambience to suit.

Mick

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Is there a way with VCDS to alter the one touch three blinks on the indicators to five blinks.
not on a B8.
on a B9 this would be:
  1. Select ecu 46 (Central conv)
  2. Select Adaption - 10
  3. Select turn signal cycles
  4. Set the value accordingly
Value range: 1-5

681 - 695 of 695 Posts