Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure you A5/S5 owners get comments on your cars. Just wondering, what does the guy/girl next to you say about your car?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I picked mine up last Friday and earlier this week I was just coming up to some traffic lights when some bloke in his Merc in the other lane gave me the thumps up about the Car, he then told me to roll down my window so he could ask me what model it was, when I told him he just drove off saying 'bloody lovely mate, bloody lovely!' with a big grin on his face, knew I'd made the right choice of car at that point! :D

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've only had one such "direct" moment so far. I was parked up at Oxford services on the M40 on a conference call (still no car kit installed and working for a mobile operator I never use my phone whilst driving).

It was a warm day so I had the windows down and a middle-aged chap strolled around the car then finally stuck his head through the window and said in a very deep, well-spoken, almost military timbre boomed "You're a very lucky guy". Don't know what my other conference attendees thought of that but I felt great :)

There are a couple of pubs on the hill where I live and I still find it funny to see all the smirters* heads turn in unison as I drive past (although with the sort of clientelle they attract I'm expecting a volley of beer glasses at some point).

* Smirt = A word used to describe people who flirt while they smoke outside their office buildings or pubs

·
Registered
181 Posts
Whist I was filling her up yesterday, a guy stood looking and simply said "That is what sex on wheels looks like!"
Today, as I was waiting for the lights to change, a young lad simply put his thumb up as he took a pic on his mobile phone.

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Going on week two:

wrecks almost caused x 2

people trying to converse at the stop light x 3

And one women stopped me at the gate of an installation got out of her car and stood in my way as I was entering to tell me how much she admired my ride (quote: You have the cleanest ride on post). Boy... if that didn't make my head swell up, all I could do was smile and think to myself.... your nuts lady!

Oh yeah, TLU your DRL diamond theory is in effect! Its like a tractor beam, or should we change the name from DRL to P magnet?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thats Nice

Gesture Finger Thumb Suit Gentleman

·
Registered
198 Posts
while driving down the road from Arnage village to the circuit I had 3 photos took of the car and leaving in a car park in a French town on my return there where a few people looking at it all gave me the thumbs up. To be honest the A5/S5 turns many heads every day:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
As posted before, mine caused a queue at a filling station when it was sparkling clean and at night; the DRLs were lingering and someone on the next pump, who had paid, came out of the kiosk and just stood there, open mouthed, for 3/4 minutes staring at the car, while others were waiting to use his pump. :eek:

I have had several people stop to take pictures and one of my teenage daughters' friends goes weak at the knees every time he sees it- when he gave her a lift home to our house I offered him the keys to take a proper look and he nearly feinted with excitement!:D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I was actually just on a TEST DRIVE down the 605 freeway by Cerritos, CA and a dude in a fixed up 350Z just started staring like you wouldn't believe, varying his speed so he could catch every angle of the car. No conversation on the freeway at 75mph, though lol.

I've also given thumbs up to A5's on the road while driving in my Supra.

-Ray

·
Registered
225 Posts
i just had the kid at the drive thru comment "nice car Mister" my buddy FrankB gets loads of attention, at the take out, filling station, golf club car park, everywhere! he's had lots of 'nice' cars in the past and just cant get over the number of comments he gets:D

he also gets a number of people speculating on the cost, most expect the car to cost £60k+ :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was driving through a narrow street north of Detroit when a Lexus SC from the opposite direction flagged me down and pulled in front of me to ask what the car was. He said it was the most beautiful ride he's seen. His wasn't to shabby, but prefer my A5 for thousands less.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had my car a week, and it's turned heads every single day... I get people at the car park talking to me about the car and some lads in a Focus ST I pulled up next to at the lights were drooling out of their windows... But my favourite comment was the guy I saw at the petrol station who looked over, nodded and said "Fuckin' A!" :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cant wait to get my car and see if I can muster any of these kinda comments here. With all the flashy cars around, I hope it turns a few heads! The dealers are giving a 4 month waiting period. Figured I can make a 17-18% premium if I sell the car the day I receive it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hearing these comments I just wish I had mine right now! My friend picked up a used 03' Evo VIII all JDM. I guess that model is pretty rare here in the states. I wasn't really impressed with the car, but man it turned heads left and right. In my head I'm just like "Man I can't wait til I get mine!"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here in Portugal, the area where I live , is very popular during Summer.Cascais is a smal city by the Atlantic Ocean front.Here live some famous football (soccer) players, politicians and some very whealthy people from all over the world.
There are many cars like Ferrari, Aston Martin DB9, Mercs, Roll´s, Bentley´s , etc.
Guess what? only 2 AS5 are registered within and around 70 miles from here.
The AS5 I own is a head twister. I hear all sorts of coments; Fascist, dealer, etc.Seriously now: Some coments are very nice to hear and I am delighted to own a still rare car , around here.
I can´t park it in the street. Normaly if I get out of sight, there are people who lean against it to take pics.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In the 3+ months I have had the "Fridge" (08 S5, Ibis White w/ Tuscan Brown, loaded), I have had comments almost daily. All have been positive but the ones I appreciate most come from Porsche, MB, and BMW drivers (and the occasional beautiful woman)!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
One of the sweetest moments I've had was when I recently pulled into a fuel station right behind a bloke filling up his BMW Coupe, at first he didn't notice me but when I came to a halt the DRLs caught his attention and he nearly dropped the filler and whilst we studiously didn't talk to each other he then spent most of time looking the A5 up and down. The A5 looks so much better next to the dime a dozen BMW Coupe and we both knew it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im sure you A5/S5 owners get comments on your cars. Just wondering, what does the guy/girl next to you say about your car?
A few :

1- A car loaded with teenagers was ahead of me, windows all open. As I drive by, I hear some "whhhooaaahh" and some "duuuuudeee" and all kinds of teenage comments. As I stop at the sign a few hundred meters later, the drivers goes: "Man, we thought that was an R8!!! - Nice car!"

2- Many people taking pictures, embarassed as I smile at them. Some Chinese guy gave me a big thumbs up

3- A guy on the street (15 minutes ago), lurking around as I came back from the video store, staring. "Man, what a nice car! I looks like the R8!"... I thought (well, not so much, but thanks for the compliments :-D"

4- So many girls I hear as I drive by asking their BF "Darling, what the hell is THAT?". The BF is either as excited as the GF, or fake not being interested.

5- While parked at the grocery store, some guy with his kid in a 328 sedan, clearly parked in the last minute because he seen the car, was staring inside. As I come by, he asks : "hey, that's a really nice car. How is it for space in the back? " I show him around. He concludes it's enough for his two kids, he's going to order one and trade in his BMW (THERE YA GO!)

6- The stories are countless. I didn't think I would, but I really have fun with the attention this car brings. You see guys on street corners drawing the DRLs with their finger in the air explaining the LEDs to their friend, hear all kinds of comments, get people ACCELERATING just to be able to give you a thumbup on the freeway....

I love this car.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts