Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having sold my 2007 3.0tdi A5 last October I bought a Nissan qashqai trying to be sensible BUT what a crap piece it was.Having decided I’m not an old man yet I’m test driving a 13 plate A5 black edition on Saturday...can’t wait to get back in an Audi(y)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Audi A5 to Qashkai!!?? what were you thinking!? They're basically the top of a Micra glued to a slightly bigger Nissan with a tall suspension.

I had the unfortunate chance to drive a Qashkai for a week, it was brand new, but was like a Fisher price dashboard with a reverse camera screen smaller than a postage stamp. I tried an overtake in it, once!

Get back in the Audi and breath a sigh of relief! :D

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Gove mate, that was truly a trip from the sublime to the ridiculous!!!!! An Audi A1 5 door with the 1.6TDI engine is a lovely little motor if you needed to downsize and save some dosh. The little Micra is ok for a shopping trolley come shoe box, but the Quasquas is a kind of wannabee SUV thing with a 1.5 engine with all of the aerodynamics of a house brick. I have driven several and I find them awful, and I have also driven the A1 and a Micra too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not familiar with the "Nissan qashqai", is that a European (if that's where you're from) model? Or just one hell of a typo? :D

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Botch we do get some Europe only cars. This Nissan is manufactured in the UK and powered by the Renault 1.5 diesel. It is ok ish for the school run but as exciting as a dead dog. U pays yer money etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts