Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove the A5 (auto) today and was playing around with the MMI (located on the console - it had navi on it). Noticed that it was awkward playing around with the knob due to the arm rest in the middle of the car. Meaning my elbow was resting on the arm rest and I had to twist my wrist and move my hand down to play with the controls. Any1 else have that same problem when they driving and playing with the MMI? kinda hard to explain it...

·
Registered
44 Posts
If know that you mean, the car i test drove had sat nav and i thought it was a bit of a strain. Depends how "bendy" you are i suppose. Less of an issue on the bigger cars (A6, A8 etc.) i would expect.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Meaning my elbow was resting on the arm rest and I had to twist my wrist and move my hand down to play with the controls.
Were you aware that you can adjust the height of the armrest as well as the forward/backward position of it? If this was your first time in the car, my guess is that you didn't get sufficient time to find your ideal position for the armrest. I would think that would make a significant difference when using the MMI controller. Just my two cents' worth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Were you aware that you can adjust the height of the armrest as well as the forward/backward position of it? If this was your first time in the car, my guess is that you didn't get sufficient time to find your ideal position for the armrest. I would think that would make a significant difference when using the MMI controller. Just my two cents' worth.
never knew that...i should try that next time i test drive...wheres the switch to do that?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Merfolk17,
It's not got a switch, it's just on a ratchet system. Lift the arm rest up until it is above the top ratchet and then lower it all the way to the bottom. It's also the lid for the centre consol cubby, which is quite useful for storage. To move it forward and back, just pull it. Best plan is go into your dealer and play around with it. I find that I just leave it at the lowest setting but pulled forward - best for me for driving and no problem reaching the MMI control.

Hope this clears things up for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts