Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post.

I have my S5 on order which is awaiting shipping. One of the problems I first had when ordering was colour choice having originally gone for Meteor grey on the asumption that it was the same as the porsche colour. Having lost my nerve I changed it to Silver with Silver interior. discussions with my wife and the dealer suggested I was making a terrible choice and suggested a dark exterior colour so back I went to meteor grey.

The problem I have now is that I feel I may have made a bad choice, the car is already bulit so cant change my mind just looking for reassurance. The only time I had seen the colour was a sample at the dealers after placing the order which looked Ok as a dark mettalic. The pictures on the various web sites seem to make this colour look different dependant on the lighting conditions. I caught a glimpse of what I assume was a meteor grey S5 passing an audi dealer yesterday and it looked like a very flat, bland colour compared with the porsche equivilant. almost to the point where I would considere it in the same league as the old TT colour nimbus (Primer) grey.

Anyone sene the colour in real life up close care to comment.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Still not sure about the colour, always been nervous of dark colour cars due to dirt and scratches.

Besides its to late to change my mind now the car is already built.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mad Max, my fears have been calmed slightly.

There is a meteor grey at our local dealer which I will be checking over the weekend. my car is still sat as do many others at the QC stage 7 stage and has been there for the last two weeks.

The dealer is ceratinly very complimentary of the car but then I guess he would be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.