Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Need some help. About to order but can't make my mind up on colour.

Normally think anything looks good in silver (and doesn't look bad when its dirty) so that would ordinarily be my banker.

However saw S5 in black at dealer and thought it looked great. Only problem is I've got NO chance of keeping it clean and previous experience with black cars has never been great.

I've looked at loads of pictures of S5 in Meteor grey but not seen one in the flesh. There seems to be significant variation on pictures and I can't really tell whether its a very dark (gunmetal type) grey or whether in fact it is nearer to the silver (which I would probably go for if that were the case).

Anybody seen it ?
Is it nearer black or silver ?

Which of the 3 colours do people think shows off the shape best ??

Cheers

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm going for Meteor Gray. The pearl effect is why you see such variations in the color with the pictures. The amount of light will change how it looks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I put my order in with Meteor Gray as well. I have avus silver on my curretn car and had light silver before that so I want something different. This car looks great in Black but I don't care for the swirl mark maintenance and seeing dirt after driving the car for 15 minutes.

I would say Silver cars show a vehicle's lines the best. White and Black hide details due to the lack of reflectivity. Quartz gray is another great choice as it's metallic and not the plain old silver.

The Meteor Gray does look different in varying amounts of light. Like my Avus Silver, it doesn't photograph as well as other colours. In some photos where it's overcast, it looks almost greenish/blueish gray. And in others a dull gray. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I love it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is only one silver exterior colour you can get if you want grey interior. I have had black interiors and you roast on hot days and you get leg burns during the summer too. Also it is too hot for kids.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Best and most detailed pictures that I've seen: Link

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an S5 on order in meteor grey with silver leather.

I went down to see the dealers car on Saturday. Attached is a picture taken.

I was more impressed with the colour after seeing it in the metal than in previos pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
colour

Ordered mine in Meteor Grey and arrives tomorrow.

The demonstrator at the dealership here in Cardiff is also in Meteor Grey and is pretty much half way between black and silver.

I decided mine had to be in the darker colour because otherwise the silver mirrors that differentiate the S audi's don't show up enough or even at all on a silver car - so how do people know to get out of your way when you pull up behind them on the motorway!!!!

All the S5's I've seen have been in the darker colours and look stunning.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Please post pic's when you get a chance. What interior color did you get?

Ordered mine in Meteor Grey and arrives tomorrow.

The demonstrator at the dealership here in Cardiff is also in Meteor Grey and is pretty much half way between black and silver.

I decided mine had to be in the darker colour because otherwise the silver mirrors that differentiate the S audi's don't show up enough or even at all on a silver car - so how do people know to get out of your way when you pull up behind them on the motorway!!!!

All the S5's I've seen have been in the darker colours and look stunning.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have an S5 on order in meteor grey with silver leather.

I went down to see the dealers car on Saturday. Attached is a picture taken.

I was more impressed with the colour after seeing it in the metal than in previos pictures.

I've noticed in some photos the Meteor Gray can take on a slightly greenish hue with the gray -- does it look the same in person? On the Geneva launch videos it looks straight up dark gray but of course they have bright show lights pointed at the vehicles.

Thanks for posting the photo. My order went in 2 days ago for Meteor Gray with light silver interior, and stainless steel mesh inserts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi,
at what dealer/state are you able to order? i am in southern NJ/metro Philly area and none are in stock.
thanks
The dealers are only able to put together configurations for their initial allocations. No pricing is announced so you have to go with MSRP and roll the dice a bit. I put a deposit down back in March to be first on the list in my city. I'm in Northern CA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The dealers are only able to put together configurations for their initial allocations. No pricing is announced so you have to go with MSRP and roll the dice a bit. I put a deposit down back in March to be first on the list in my city. I'm in Northern CA.
when do you expect delivery?

·
Registered
135 Posts
when do you expect delivery?
They won't give me even a guess. I think they don't really know. My guess is late October or within first two weeks of November. The last car I ordered from Audi took 2 months from the order being entered and arriving at my dealership. I hear they don't manufacture much of anything during August so that would mean all of September and October for it to get built and shipped over. It's fine with me. I'll need time to sell my S4 anyway.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I put my order in and deposit. The Audi dealer cannot officially order the car until just over a week from now. I was told October delivery. northern NJ dealer
My order was placed and I have a commission number. Only sold orders are being accepted by AoA currently.

I expect delivery first week of November. Give or take a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My order was placed and I have a commission number. Only sold orders are being accepted by AoA currently.

I expect delivery first week of November. Give or take a couple of weeks.
wrx_xb9r Curious - how does Audi (or the dealer) determine if an order is s "sold order" or not? I ordered my car last Thursday and I believe there is a commission number but I didn't receive it. My dealer mentioned that they were getting a single S5 ( I guess this is common for the US). Interesting as we don't have actual pricing yet to buy the car, but maybe Audi wants some confirmation of this first?

·
Registered
99 Posts
wrx_xb9r Curious - how does Audi (or the dealer) determine if an order is s "sold order" or not? I ordered my car last Thursday and I believe there is a commission number but I didn't receive it. My dealer mentioned that they were getting a single S5 ( I guess this is common for the US). Interesting as we don't have actual pricing yet to buy the car, but maybe Audi wants some confirmation of this first?
Demo cars... that's what the dealers over here told me, those are only for the showroom/test drives. The only ones we can purchase at first will be the ones they order. Once again, the dealers here are quite dopey :\

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.