Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm picking my car up on Wednesday :) and was wondering if there is any general advice, do's & don'ts etc. Has anyone picked up their car and forgotten to do something the wished they had? I live a good bit away from the dealer. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Be sure to exercise your smile muscles :)

Many of us have not allowed the dealer to detail our cars but have rather had a professional do it after pick-up. Avoids (further) swirls if you are concerned about such things, especially with a black car. I was glad I did so after witnessing my dealer's big old rag swinging, full contact automated car wash in back!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Obvious but I'll state it anyway: DO go over everything with a fine tooth comb before signing the handover sheet. When I went to pick up mine, the prep bods hadn't taken off the plastic wrap off of the door inserts, and had missed some of the blue transport tape off of the carbon fibre inlays. Although minor, I ensured that was dealt with before signing off the handover form. They also hadn't given me the iPod cable for the AMI.

Oh, and get some photos of your new love in the handover bay before driving off :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi SEAMO, just picked up mine last friday, drove it 600 km to bring it home, had no problem whatsoever, kept the speed less then 120km/h, besides the fact that i told them not to clean the car, didnt ask for anything special. Get ready for a lot of attention and thumbs up. Enjoy, youll love the car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi SEAMO, just picked up mine last friday, drove it 600 km to bring it home, had no problem whatsoever, kept the speed less then 120km/h, besides the fact that i told them not to clean the car, didnt ask for anything special. Get ready for a lot of attention and thumbs up. Enjoy, youll love the car.

+1

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Wow, that's quite a coincidence, Manor50! :p

Great advice about the ipod cable, Japes. They really shouldn't charge you for that silly thing either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Be sure to exercise your smile muscles :

Many of us have not allowed the dealer to detail our cars but have rather had a professional do it after pick-up. Avoids (further) swirls if you are concerned about such things, especially with a black car. I was glad I did so after witnessing my dealer's big old rag swinging, full contact automated car wash in back!
Had the smiles covered houseofg :)

Shocking, but true - I just sent a slightly cringy mail asking the dealer if they used a car wash, cloths or abbrasive materials (maybe brillo pads for those tough marks :eek: ). Anyway, better safe than sorry! :eek: .

Drive it like you're always going to drive it. And have fun :)

Congrats!
Guarenteed Poindexter!!

Obvious but I'll state it anyway: DO go over everything with a fine tooth comb before signing the handover sheet. When I went to pick up mine, the prep bods hadn't taken off the plastic wrap off of the door inserts, and had missed some of the blue transport tape off of the carbon fibre inlays. Although minor, I ensured that was dealt with before signing off the handover form. They also hadn't given me the iPod cable for the AMI.

Oh, and get some photos of your new love in the handover bay before driving off :)
Noted Japes and makes good sense - sometimes you can be a bit excited and not cover the basics- I think I will do a list tonight, thanks. Will get some pics up soon.

MDG, I'm smiling now. Seems like it gets a good reaction - as in 'one day, I'm gona get a car like that guy' as opposed to 'one day, I'm gona get that guy!' :eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Prepare for some nice attention! Guys love this car , almost as much as we do!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
1: Don't let your kids near it unattended.
2: Just smile when they stare
3: Think of all of us that are still waiting
4: Tell us how good it is
5: Send pictures if you have the time

·
Registered
20 Posts
...obviously meant guys who dont have one lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Make sure the satellite radio's free subscription is set up for 90 days. Mine stopped receiving after 45 days. Spoke with dealer. It was on a demo mode. Good thing was that my free subsription started after the 45th day. Got 4 1/2 months for free.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Seamo, I wonder if you're picking yours up at Annesley Motor's, saw they got a big delivery of S5/A5 Phantom Blacks the other day. Picking mine up off them next week.... well it's to be on a boat this weekend, we're not 100% sure if it's going to Dublin or Cork???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
...obviously meant guys who dont have one lol
Mmm, I was trying to work that one out Jack! :)

Make sure the satellite radio's free subscription is set up for 90 days. Mine stopped receiving after 45 days. Spoke with dealer. It was on a demo mode. Good thing was that my free subsription started after the 45th day. Got 4 1/2 months for free.
Thanks Kceesar, however, I don't think that applies here. But actually don't know enough about it to be sure. I have DAB - Is that related in any way?

Hey Seamo, I wonder if you're picking yours up at Annesley Motor's, saw they got a big delivery of S5/A5 Phantom Blacks the other day. Picking mine up off them next week.... well it's to be on a boat this weekend, we're not 100% sure if it's going to Dublin or Cork???
Wasn't me Tomd - good luck with yours next week :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's here - anyone have anything to add to the pickup day checklist?

Two hours to go...can't believe it is finally here. Super excited, but also just hoping the whole pickup process goes without a hitch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts