Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine has been in -45 C (-49 F) weather as of late. She starts still, provided she's parked in a garage. When shes parked outside she barely gets going. Too bad audi didn't put a block heater in there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Iv had it at +50C (122F)... The A/c was not cooling that great.. but the car didnt overheat or give any other issue in comparison to American cars in this part of the world!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been in -7C this week and couldnt get the door open (or closed when it finally opened) due to frameless window. audiballin - how did the windows cope with -45??

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been in -7C this week and couldnt get the door open (or closed when it finally opened) due to frameless window. audiballin - how did the windows cope with -45??
It's the ice not the cold. The sticky window issue only arises when ice partially melts and then freezes in around the frameless windows. I have only had this happen once in our climate ( including 5 years with the same window system on an 02 TT )as extreme cold usually means extreme dry. My A5 has performed flawlessly in the extreme cold.

·
Registered
31 Posts
-14c in Belgium & Remote Heating

Belgium has had some moderately cold weather for the last week or so and the car was handling beautifully in my first full day with it yesterday.

My wife insisted on remote heating and seat heating since we split our time between BE and northern Germany.

I must say my initial reluctance for both has wane substantially - I love the remote heating! The key fob transmits up to 600m and works like a charm to the car parked about 100m around the corner and down the street - tall buildings in the way and all.

Its so nice to enter a car that is warm and frost free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts