Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you (un)lucky enough to enjoy the benefits of the Quattro system in the snow (Texans need not apply!), I'm wondering if anybody is having any clutch issues.

I know that a lot of us are having some issues with the window seals and generally notchy shifting when cold, but when the weather gets cold I find my clutch pedal slightly "dead" until the car warms up. To be specific, below -10C or thereabouts, the clutch doesn't come up smoothly when I lift my foot - in fact it feels as if it isn't going to come up at all when I lift my foot, but then "pops" back up.

Once the car warms up, this behaviour disappears completely. Anyone else having this issue (or something similar)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
ive been having that problem too. actually, that happens to me sometimes despite the weather. not good...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Weather related causes would be the oil or grease in the pivot for the clutch thickening to almost a solid.

Hydraulic fluid in clutch lines thickening up to near toothpaste consistency.

Mounts or joints of lever changing dimensions because of cold (shrinking) and causing improper tolerances and sticking.

For the other driver having problems when it is of a normal temp I would have Audi check that out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Clutch

No problem with the car but I am certainly less than supple at low temps

·
Registered
314 Posts
Audi just lubed something in my clutch up for the same problem, supposedly it fixed the issue. Ill have to let you know exactly what it is on Tuesday when I get the car back (Headlight replacement)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Seems like my headlight is not in yet so I dont have the car! But once I get the work order ill post it up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
They lubed up my "Clutch Return" now bear in mind this did absolutely nothing to solve my clicking issue... The car will be going back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.