Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a recent cold snap (5 degrees F; -15C) the windows on my B9 A5 Coupe (18), which drop about 1/4" when opening to clear the frame, had issues. The passenger side did not drop on opening, so when the door was closed it caught on the frame. On the driver side, while the door was open, the actuator/control unit/module went up and down the 1/4" continuously until the door was closed. Anyone have this occur previously? It looks like there are issues with power windows generally, but I haven't seen this particular issue.

·
Registered
9,168 Posts
The doors/windows are frameless so in certain conditions the glass freezes to the rubber seal. That's why it won't drop.
Running a credit card between the seal and the glass before opening the door works as does warm water. Applying Wurth Rubber Care 300ml (2): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike will prevent it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the credit card idea, but the actuator/module didn't lower the passenger side when it opened and was free. And it doesn't account for the driver's side where, with the door open, it constantly moved up and down about 1/4" until I shut the door. Sticking doesn't account for either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts