Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound dumb, but I’m new to cars and don’t feel like messing up my car lol

I would like a cold air intake for my 2011 Audi A5 2.0t
does a cold air intake require a tune?
And would it benefit the car in anyway?

Also if you guys know any aesthetic/power mods that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg let me know!

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Welcome on board mate. Photos of yer car please! Do some research on here cos u will find loads of useful info.

Simon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome on board mate. Photos of yer car please! Do some research on here cos u will find loads of useful info.

Simon
Here’s a couple of picture! I have a carbon fiber spoiler and splitter coming in, also a new honeycomb grille should be here in a couple weeks. Also hoping to do a chrome delete

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice car.. i have the same alloys (y)

I find the off the shelf cold intake just a overpriced shiny metal kit. To have actual cold air intake you would need to swap a fog light with a intake scoop and feed a pipe from there to the filter box.

For a turbo engine the air goes via a intercooler unlike direct on a NA engine. If you want cooler air you be better off investing in upgraded intercooler and then have it remapped .just my 2 cent ;)

You will see some serious power increase.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Well said Sayek i agree! And the car looks great, enjoy....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Drop in K&N or BMC panel filter and a stage 1 or plus tune from an APR dealer would be ideal and wouldn't break the bank... Beyond that exhaust, H&r OE springs and grippy tyres would make for a good street car. In a few years look into 3.0T S5 if you're looking to break the 400HP mark. The 2.0T with mild mods mentioned coupled with Dsg should be fun though.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, get an ECU tune. APR has a good reputation w/ Audi tunes and it's not that much more expensive than higher priced cold air intakes. The increase in performance will definitely be much greater than a cold air intake. Stage 1 doesn't require any additional mods/$$$.

I ran an ECU tune on my Golf TDI for almost 20 years. Engine never had any issues because of the tune. Transformed the car and I was still get 40 mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't see any Quattro badge on the car so assume its FWD like mine.

Before you spend any money just check with other FWD owners their experience after a remap.
On Quattro you be able to use that power but on FWD with 270bhp+ after a remap its not ideal...specially on wet road.
Also consider the car is 10 years old and if original clutch, its not cheap as the DMF is replaced same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts