Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Has anybody installed the prefacelift LED taillights on a halogen B8 S5 and coded using OBDEleven? Can't seem to find any guide on it or guarantee that it works. Also anybody that is familiar with OBDEleven, is it best to buy the current "Next gen Pro" device or buy the last gen and upgrade to a pro licence?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just incase anybody wants to know the same thing, you need the OBDEleven adapter that suits your needs (old one supports only Android, new one supports both Android + iOS) and then a pro licence and then works similarly to VCDS. Confirmed with their support.

·
Registered
2008 MY09 Audi S5
21 Posts
Let us know how it goes FarQ!
Yes, i cant wait. the wiring adapters have shipped!
I have found the coding required to go from halogen to LED (pre-facelift or facelift) and pre-facelift LED to facelift LED. Wiring pinouts for those brave enough to do it themselves after scouring forums and even translated it from german to english!... :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
i am about to install facelift LED taillights on my 2008 S5. Got the taillights from the wreckers and am waiting for the semi dynamic wiring adapters to arrive from the UK. I have an OBD11 and have found all the coding that i need to do.

semi dynamic wiring adapters for halogen to facelift
semi dynamic wiring adapters for halogen to pre-facelift
Can you share the coding please? I've got the VCDS instructions but can't seem to get OBD11 to work with this info.
Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 MY09 Audi S5
21 Posts
Can you share the coding please? I've got the VCDS instructions but can't seem to get OBD11 to work with this info.
Cheers

You just go to Control Module 46 (Comfort System)
Then Adaptation
Enter the Channel you need
Change the value to whichever one is in the instructions (values vary depending on whether you are upgrading from halogen to pre-facelift or facelift, or pre-facelift to facelift)
Save it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You just go to Control Module 46 (Comfort System)
Then Adaptation
Enter the Channel you need
Change the value to whichever one is in the instructions (values vary depending on whether you are upgrading from halogen to pre-facelift or facelift, or pre-facelift to facelift)
Save it.
Thanks. I've got the channel info, it's the code to enter the settings that isn't working for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts