Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
wondering if there is anyone local irvine (ayrshire) who can help me with a few things.
bought my a5 2010 4 months ago and no sat nav. i can't access the green screen and i would rather someone who knew what they were doing could help i love my car and don't want to break anything by
trying to fix myself and dealers are too expensive plus i'd like to learn more about my car as it's my first Audi but probably never going to be the only one.
i'd be grateful for any help.
i have downloaded vacs and i'm waiting on cable arriving as i plan on trying it myself if i can't get help. just so many threads on here it's hard to get the right info.
thanks in advance for any help guys

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bit far away from you to help. But there's plenty of guides online as to how to get the green menu up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i know sooo many each one i try doesn't work. didn't know you needed vcds before you opened it or do youuuu? lol
thanks for the reply

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmmmm maybe. Can't remember. Just held two buttons if I recall on my previous audi. My current a5 doesn't have mmi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if they were set up then car. i've been trying that i can get into engineer screen just not the green one i want my mirrors to fold lol i know childish but why have stuff and not use it plus on lock down so might as well take the time to make the time

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wanted folding mirrors, you need vcds to code it - not difficult to do. But you need the correct mirrors and i think the correct door module. So it's possible but not as simple or as cheap as coding them in. What engineering menu are you talking about sorry?

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Hehe you need to do more research on here mate there is LOADS of stuff to be found......

·
Registered
90 Posts
That towards me or op?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is it a concert? Green menu is for MMI if I recall correctly...

Your mirrors should be programmable using the car menu unless someone has messed things up in the software. The bigger likelihood is that you don't have the hardware to fold the mirrors. If you register with myaudi, or run a check on the boot options sticker, you should be able to check if you have the right hardware.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it a concert? Green menu is for MMI if I recall correctly...
Good question. But it
Read the "no sat nav" as being it just needs installing, meaning he has some sort of mmi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes got mmi bought car with no manual and no sat nav and i like the manual so i know kind of what i'm doing. there is a disk but i think it's just language.got a manual on e bay but more on here that's not in the manual.downloaded the script to do the sat nav update but says on here to do it through green screen hence the query.
engineer screen got the info on here can't remember what it does

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the replys guys
I wanted folding mirrors, you need vcds to code it - not difficult to do. But you need the correct mirrors and i think the correct door module. So it's possible but not as simple or as cheap as coding them in. What engineering menu are you talking about sorry?
i downloaded vcds and i'm waiting on a cable arriving then watch me go lol thanks for the help buddy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Which e
thanks for all the replys guys

i downloaded vcds and i'm waiting on a cable arriving then watch me go lol thanks for the help buddy
Which engineering menu are you referring to?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i can't remember off hand but it was something i saw on here wrote the buttons down somewhere i'll try and find and get back to you

·
Registered
90 Posts
No worries just curious

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HOWDY here are some menu buttons i got when i first came on this forum
reboot MMI - setup + main button + top right button
engineer menu - setup + return (tried this this morning worked but said not initialised so i guess i need to set it up via vcds)
green menu - setup + car ( can't get this one to work yet)
cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are the buttons on the dash or around the gear stick?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts