Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here who has gotten rid of the amber sidemarkers on the headlights of the S5 and also what sites are available for audi peeps for aftermarket stuff...bimmers have several sites that come to mind, but i can't seem to find ones for audi cars.

PS if you have pics of the cleared corners on US spec cars, could you post them as well?

·
Registered
384 Posts
madaudi.com

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Is there anyone here who has gotten rid of the amber sidemarkers on the headlights of the S5 and also what sites are available for audi peeps for aftermarket stuff...bimmers have several sites that come to mind, but i can't seem to find ones for audi cars.

PS if you have pics of the cleared corners on US spec cars, could you post them as well?
Several members on this site, including myself, have changed out the headlights to Euro spec ones. (Sizzle and Quattrings are two that have.) Once changed, the car looks no different than a Euro spec car. So, finding pics to see what they look like shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a link to sites where they can be purchased:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/websites-audi-a5-3554/index.html?p=39522

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone disassemble a headlight unit to remove amber???

There were a lot of people opening up the factory ones and tinkering with them on the BMW boards for the E90 chassis. Wondering if anyone has actually tried to take them apart and mod them in this manner to get rid of the amber. Had the car about 3 weeks now and its getting to me but those euro lights are pretty spendy, hard to justify when there are other places the $ can go for mods. Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Wondering if anyone has actually tried to take them apart and mod them in this manner to get rid of the amber.
Yes, this was attempted by a few folks back when the S5 first arrived in the States. However, no one had any success. (See here.)

·
Registered
491 Posts
what about if you tint the sidemarker and you have a black car? i guess it owuld have to be the exact sam shade or it would look weird. can anybody do a photoshop or has seen this?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
what about if you tint the sidemarker and you have a black car? i guess it owuld have to be the exact sam shade or it would look weird. can anybody do a photoshop or has seen this?
Yeah, I've got a couple of photos of someone's black A5 (from another forum) where that was done. Since I'm currently out of town for the holidays and those photos are stored on my desktop PC, I won't be able to post them until I return home on Friday. In the meantime, click here for a couple of crappy photos from a forum member.

·
Registered
491 Posts
once again TX to the rescue :D thanx man! lookin forward to those pics. cant really make an informed decision based on those pics.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
As promised, here ya go...

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yes

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the clear headlights really worth $1500 or w/e they are???

I personally think that the tinted side markers look pretty decent.
They probably only cost about $50 too. (feel free to tell me what they actually are)

However, on a lighter colors car such as ibis white or quartz gray, it wouldn't look too hott

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the european lights on my car but took them off a few weeks ago for a problem with one bulb and i must say my car looked 10 better with the lights in then with the american ones but thats just how i feel

·
Registered
124 Posts
Several members on this site, including myself, have changed out the headlights to Euro spec ones. (Sizzle and Quattrings are two that have.) Once changed, the car looks no different than a Euro spec car. So, finding pics to see what they look like shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a link to sites where they can be purchased:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/websites-audi-a5-3554/index.html?p=39522
TX, et al.

Do you ever have any trouble with your state inspection witht he Euro lights? I'd like them but not the hassle of swapping in and out for my yearly inspection.

·
Registered
432 Posts
TX, et al.

Do you ever have any trouble with your state inspection witht he Euro lights? I'd like them but not the hassle of swapping in and out for my yearly inspection.
Can't speak for the S5 in particular, but I had euro lights on my 540i before getting the S5. They never seemed to be concerned regarding the lights.

Tx isn't going to have an answer for you because in Texas, when you purchase a new car, you get an inspection for the first two years. After that, the inspections are yearly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can't speak for the S5 in particular, but I had euro lights on my 540i before getting the S5. They never seemed to be concerned regarding the lights.

Tx isn't going to have an answer for you because in Texas, when you purchase a new car, you get an inspection for the first two years. After that, the inspections are yearly.
Thanks Ranger. I was thinking most inspection stations won't care. I'll confirm with the guys I go to today.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i took a different approach and put a red LED bulb in the corner light, and it glows bright enough to totally red out and show no orange, and i also have a tint over it so during the day when the corner light is off it looks black

1 - 19 of 19 Posts