Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my S5 six months ago. Paid $495 for sprint blue pearl. Clear coat on front cowl is pealing. Dealer is contacting factory rep. No answer yet. Heard common problem for Audi. Yes or no guys?

·
Registered
679 Posts
no clearcoat peeling on my A5, nor on any other A5/S5 i've personally seen, and I havent heard from any owners I know about this problem...

sounds like there was damage to the car came off the ship (common)... and was resprayed at port before delivery to the dealer (common).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Happened on mine

Happened on the front bumper of my 2009 Brilliant black S5. Started around the left headlight washer. Had to have the bumper/front panel refinished.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer Response

This is crazy. Took the S5 to the dealer today (5k service). They were supposed to talk to the factory rep about the clear coat pealing. The Service Manager, i call him Dr. No (you can guess why) tells me he knows nothing and i have to speak to the Sales Manager (of course 8 AM was to early for him) but here's the interesting part, the PM asks if I "want it fixed? They'll do it immediately". I say sure but I want to know what the factory's position is. He says it doesn't matter (the dealership or Audi will pay for the repair) "we fight with them all the time. Pealing clearcoat is not uncommon". So there it is from the horse's mouth. I damn well will get this in writing annd confirm it myself with Audi. Looks like this is going to be time consuming searching for the truth. I'll keep you posted just in case it happens to you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
This is crazy. Took the S5 to the dealer today (5k service). They were supposed to talk to the factory rep about the clear coat pealing. The Service Manager, i call him Dr. No (you can guess why) tells me he knows nothing and i have to speak to the Sales Manager (of course 8 AM was to early for him) but here's the interesting part, the PM asks if I "want it fixed? They'll do it immediately". I say sure but I want to know what the factory's position is. He says it doesn't matter (the dealership or Audi will pay for the repair) "we fight with them all the time. Pealing clearcoat is not uncommon". So there it is from the horse's mouth. I damn well will get this in writing annd confirm it myself with Audi. Looks like this is going to be time consuming searching for the truth. I'll keep you posted just in case it happens to you.

5k service? Crikey they do take the pi$$ over there don't they? The service intervals over here are at 18,000 miles plus...

Re: the clearcoat peeling - we at least the dealer service department is 'owning the problem' and wanting to get your vehicle fixed - minimal fuss, thats what Audi service should be like all the time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
5k service? Crikey they do take the pi$$ over there don't they? The service intervals over here are at 18,000 miles plus...
In the U.S. the first service is at 5K miles, and is free to all owners. Afterward, the service intervals are every 10K miles. The intervals are not variable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts