Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just wondering currently on my order i have brilliant black with cinnamon brown milano leather interior, however i'm stuck in a rut now thinking should i go with the black interior instead i love the brown by all means but if its a really light brown i really won't overly care for it, I've seen lots of pictures but i know they don't do it justice i just want to know from Anybody that has this combination or even just the the brown in general want to chime in?? it would help a ton thankks guys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Describing from memory, I would say it's a lighter brown, not not as light as the BMW light brown interiors, with maybe a slight hint of red. I saw it on a white A5 and it was absolutely gorgeous. From what I understand, if you order the cinnamon brown, only the seats, door inlays, and a couple other items are that color and rest of the interior is black (except for the headliner).

I personally think it will go very well with any neutral color like black, white, or silver. I would have ordered it with my A5 if I didn't get the S-Line package.

Colors are hard to choose. If you're getting a black exterior, why not get some sort of contrast inside.

Good luck!

-Kyle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks kyle thats what everyone is telling me too to stay with brown i definitly agree it brings some contrast to the interior its just the upholstery is brown everything else is black so it will look good im sure. Thanks for the reply...anyone else have an opinion on it??? any and all replies welcome.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cinnamon brown is comparable to "Saddle Brown" found in Porsche's interiors. will look really nice with a black exterior. Classy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been through the same process with my new A5 which is on order. I found this page useful - http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/printer_3197.shtml

The brown is quite dark - I managed to see it on a new A4 to get an idea of the colour. Also, if you get the wood inlays then you get a flash of chrome at the bottom of the inlay which looks very smart as well. Everything else is black, including the headlining. Trying to get this changed on the order to star silver to make it slightly lighter.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have the exact color combo you're thinking about getting. And you're right, the pics do NOT do the Cinnamon Brown interior justice ... trust me. Just like you, after placing the order for my car, I was worrying constantly about how the actual color would turn out. I can tell you that I was very pleasantly surprised at how great it looked in person compared to the pics posted online. For some reason, that color is difficult to accurately capture in a picture. In particular, the pics that used a flash when the pic was taken tend to wash out the color somewhat (either making it too light or making the color look a bit too orange/red). I have absoltely zero regrets about getting Cinnamon Brown, and I receive compliments on it all the time. To answer your quesiton about whether it is a "really light brown", the answer is no. I would say it's somewhere in the middle between a dark and a light brown, if that makes sense. Hope this helps you to make your decision.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot for all the replies guys, this definitly helps put my mind at ease, this forum rules i love it here lol. Brown it shall stay lol.

PS CJW that link totally clinched it gives me a really good idea of what it "really" looks like. Thanks a bunch everyone!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have Black with Cinammon - I tell you having had, silver and red lther (BMW SMG), Blue with Ivory (M5) Black with cream (Range Rover Sport)
This is IMHO the best colour combo I have had - dark enough not to show any marks left by wandering hands, light enough to keep the cabin nice - especially as dash, carpets and headlining is black with this option.

In the UK this combo is not offered in the brochure, but with a few calls to Audi UK (as they offer in standard - but not dport deats etc) it was sorted - I love it!!!!

Note the photo in the larger picture makes the colour look orangier than it actually is - I would say it is like a toffee brown colour int he flesh:D

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that looks beautiful how did you get the S5 mirrors ?? im assuming thats an A5from the wheels.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi To canada with postage £165 for a set.

These are not the basic covers - these are the same as what you get on the S5 so silver.

Look fantastic on darker cars IMO.

I also have a brand new set in Brilliant Black (non metallic) which I replaced with S5 ones so if your lucky and your car is black then you may get a deal and save on the expense of painting etc

·
Registered
220 Posts
IMO the White with Cinnamon would be the "daddy" the dogs dangly bits seriously!!!

I was set to get however wanted the panaoramic roof to break up the white but Audi dont do them anymore so went for black - not regretting it but my next car will be WHITE!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
(Ha-ha) is that like pimpin for all of us yanks. I have not heard that one before! But I would agree white and cinnamon would be a very nice combo. Oh and I'm still thinking about those S5 covers but got to wait for the car first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts