Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks to all for a very informative forum. You have all answered a shed load of questions that I couldn't get straight answers on.

I am brand new to the forum and never owned an Audi before but am very excited to say I have ordered my first Audi this morning. A5 1.8 Sport in Ice Silver with Star Silver interior. It was a toss up between this and the new Merc 2.2cdi AMG sport (4 door) but with the help of this forum I chose the Audi.

Dealer couldn't or wouldn't throw in the iPod connection cable so will have to get that fitted once the car arrives. Hoping for a delivery in May.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
hello and welcome i have the ice silver and you will love it!!!

you will have to post pics once you get it xx

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Pity about the iPod cable - dealers can be very stingy, I've yet to work on mine over the cable. I think they have assumed that the AMI includes the cable, so I am playing it quiet until nearer delivery. Bit of cunning psychology that will probably go completely wrong (think its only £35 anyway):cool:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congrats, Tim. Glad you've found the information here to be helpful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I'm losing my patients already and still have 8 weeks to go before delivery !! Will post pics when I collect.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Waiting is horrible.

Tim, you are in the full thrust of the longest eight weeks of your life. I was told that my silver S Line, with chocolate frosting (All accessories that come when you add more money.) ordered on December eighth, wouldn't show up until the first week of April. I waited without patience for almost a month. Then I began showing up at the dealership with tons of stupid questions like, hey, should I wait for a diesel, which may never come to the states--but, Mercedes has one or two? And, does the A5 with S Line come with the S5 grille? I think the dealer did all he could to get rid of me, because my A5 showed up two months early!!!!!

Good luck to you and don't forget to share your experiences with your friends at A5_OC. Hey gang, how are the stickers coming?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm now starting to panic about my choices. Should I have gone for a different interior colour, is Star Silver to light? How am I going to connect up my ipod as I've not ordered Sat Nav (although SD cards sound like the way to go). Is the 1.8 a good choice as I was led to beleive that daytime running lights were standard and from reading here it seems they're not! Is there a 2.0ltr version coming out etcetcetc.

Perhaps I should stop thinking about it and relax!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stop fretting it will be fine. You allways reflect should I this should I that,it will be right:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm now starting to panic about my choices. Should I have gone for a different interior colour, is Star Silver to light? How am I going to connect up my ipod as I've not ordered Sat Nav (although SD cards sound like the way to go). Is the 1.8 a good choice as I was led to beleive that daytime running lights were standard and from reading here it seems they're not! Is there a 2.0ltr version coming out etcetcetc.

Perhaps I should stop thinking about it and relax!
Welcome to the forum, I have the 1.8 Sport and its great you don't get the daytime running lights as standard but the car look fantastic without them.
I have gone with the SD cards and is so easy no cables or leaving expensive ipods around . Just load you favourite ablums and the system takes care of them.
Just sit back and look forward to delivery day.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.