Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

a colleague of mine was selling his cat d a5 3L coupe as the engine light came on and was in limp mode..

Quick scan later showed it was the dpf causing issues.. so I offered him £1000 cash collection at the weekend, I now find myself owning a silver 58 plate a5 which I can’t lie is just a lovely drive and a lovely place to be..

only owned the car a week and I’ve fully detailed the interior which was in such bad shape It took 3 days alone to sort, removed the dpf sorted that and refitted which took about 3/4 hours in total and got it mapped, now running about 290/300hp all I need to do now is source a pair of bumpers and paint from the swag line done which me and a friend are doing next bank holiday and it will then be mint! Also fitted a set of new hid bulbs.. I’ll try to remember to take pictures as I go and fill you all in 🤙🏻

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sooo just as I thought it’s all starting to look up and sorted and getting ready to smash out the body work one weekend engine light comes back on.. pretty much need a shutter valve now and at about £200 for an actual branded non Chinese one it’s not what I wanna hear just before pay day! Anyone else had this code? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Dunno mate but cannot be toooooo serious????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading into it abit it looks like the gears inside the throttle are wearing and don’t allow it to close fully so throws up a fault, I’m going to order a new actuator and go from there! I’ll keep you filled in!

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
You godda bargain for sure!!! She needs some serious TLC to bring her back to health. Why is she Cat D?????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You godda bargain for sure!!! She needs some serious TLC to bring her back to health. Why is she Cat D?????
Yeah bud it’s a cat d, but I’m fixing all the wrongs at the moment.. picked up a s-line rear bumper this evening for it I’m hoping I can swap over my none s-line diffuser into it as it’s got the cut outs for 2 exhausts, do you know what the difference is between the two as they seem to look the same?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts