Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started to put my foot down a little bit more, as im getting past the run in stage.

I'm having issues with changing from 1st to second under maximum power. I just find the car Jerks on the change. 2nd to 3rd and so on are all fine.

I changed to second near the redline mark, but i really need to master how to keep the ride smooth when changing under maximum power. Could it be im releasing the clutch too fast? Any tips?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think the bite point is quite high on the S5. I have experienced this too and think I avoid it when I let the clutch out further before pressing the accelerator.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
My best tip... Short-shift first to second... in other words, change early and let second gear do the work... I've not really looked, but I guess I change between 5000 and 5,500 rpm.

·
Registered
68 Posts
can i ask you 2 questions about the car? 1) did all s5 come with the hill brake button right below the emerg. brake lever? and 2) should they all come w . rear fog lights mine did not
What's your location?

2008 US Spec Audi S5's do not have the Hill-hold feature nor the rear fog-lights but most of the European versions do have them. The 2009 US spec S5 will have the Hill-hold feature as an option. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
can i ask you 2 questions about the car? 1) did all s5 come with the hill brake button right below the emerg. brake lever? and 2) should they all come w . rear fog lights mine did not
Please update your profile to reflect your location. Specs/options vary by country, so knowing where you're located will allow folks to better answer your questions.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hi Ven,
In the US (at least the '08 models don't have hill assist), also wrt the US, none of the cars come with the rear fog lights (we have red rear-turn signals too (as opposed to the amber color on the e-spec cars).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yesterday when i was out for a spin, i was releasing the cluch slower and it definatley helped the situation, I changed first at about 5000rpm - nice and smooth... the rest of the changes are fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.