Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a closer look at the show cars at Detroit I noticed a few changes.

1. 'SUPERCHARGED' logo instead of 'V6T' on front quarter of A6. I think this looks better, will be interesting to see if it rolls out on future S5's

2. One piece grille on A6. I think this is a first on a non-RS model. I'm a big fan of this style rolling out on all Audi's. Not a big fan of another model getting DRL's though!

3. New R8 V10 5.2FSI has a few interesting design details.
* New grill - cross hatch style, not hex mesh like RS models. I know this isn't an RS but why does it have RS exhaust tips?

* New Wheels - not a big fan of these

I wish they used the wheels from the V12 TDI concept

* New aggressive rear incorporating RS-style oval exhaust tips, more black panels and re-styled diffuser/valence

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
2. One piece grille on A6. I think this is a first on a non-RS model. I'm a big fan of this style rolling out on all Audi's.
Yeah, I definitely like the lack of a license plate filler panel.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I hope the sline model does not have the chrome strip down the side.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I guess I'm a loner here, I don't like the A6 grill. I think the divider looks better, but that's just MHO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Where does the front plate go if it is a law to have it? It looks good as is but a front plate will look like an "add on"

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm with Ranger on this, I don't like that A6 grille, it looks like a gapeing mouth..looks better on RS models IMO ;)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Not a big fan of another model getting DRL's though!
Its had DRLs for a year now. So, its nothing new and lets face it, they all are going to sooner or later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I guess I'm a loner here, I don't like the A6 grill. I think the divider looks better, but that's just MHO.
Nope, not alone on that one. I think the one-piece grille sort of works with European plates, but with US plates it just looks really really bad because it doesn't fill out the space properly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm with Ranger on this, I don't like that A6 grille, it looks like a gaping mouth..looks better on RS models IMO ;)
Nope, not alone on that one. I think the one-piece grille sort of works with European plates, but with US plates it just looks really really bad because it doesn't fill out the space properly.
+3, blade's right, it looks like a gaping vagina.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I like the model to the right of the R8 in Joe's 7th picture down. Not sure what type it is, but it's nice.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Do you guys like the look of RS5 mule?
I like the look of a grill with no license plate thingy on the RS5 because it has honeycomb grill, but not on an A series where there's lines just going across all the way down.

:D lol...what kind of women you been hanging around with Bandar ??? :eek:
obviously one's with gaping vagina's blade! catch on will ya :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts