Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Anyone know how to change the wing mirror cover on an A5 - managed to damage mine!!
Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Member ABZY should be able to tell you how. If no one else replies here, send him a PM.

Also, please update your profile to reflect your location. Thanks!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi all
Anyone know how to change the wing mirror cover on an A5 - managed to damage mine!!
Thanks
I think you have to gently pull the mirror glass from its mounting first by getting something slim in between the glass and the housing and gently seperating the glass from its mounting. Once glass out of the way, all fixings / clips should be visible.

Search posts here relating to S5 mirrors

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi,

There are two flat black plastic pieces that come off the back of the mirror and go into metal clips on the casing - the mirror will basically pull off (away) - to check to see where they are adjust mirrors to fully down position.

Once off, you will need to remove 2 wires for the heating etc, and you may have dimming wires - the connections seem fragile but are fine and will require some force.

This will detach the mirror glass completely from the unit.

There are 3 screws to undo, and once off pull the bottom of the mirror (base) (black plastic away from the casing) - then the case will just lift off - Note you will need to push the 2 lugs in to allow the case to come away.

The only thing then to do is remove the Led - unscrew and gentle ease away.

Attached are some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
does anyone know if youc an simply switch the bulbs in the mirror housings turn signals....to white perhaps, or are he LEDS like the headlights where they are in a closed casing

·
Registered
374 Posts
does anyone know if youc an simply switch the bulbs in the mirror housings turn signals....to white perhaps, or are he LEDS like the headlights where they are in a closed casing
I believe mirror turn signals are amber LEDs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi,

There are two flat black plastic pieces that come off the back of the mirror and go into metal clips on the casing - the mirror will basically pull off (away) - to check to see where they are adjust mirrors to fully down position.

Once off, you will need to remove 2 wires for the heating etc, and you may have dimming wires - the connections seem fragile but are fine and will require some force.

This will detach the mirror glass completely from the unit.

There are 3 screws to undo, and once off pull the bottom of the mirror (base) (black plastic away from the casing) - then the case will just lift off - Note you will need to push the 2 lugs in to allow the case to come away.

The only thing then to do is remove the Led - unscrew and gentle ease away.

Attached are some photos.
Thread Resurection!
Thanks for the easy write up above - took my caps off today to give them a respray :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts