Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advertising in video is a tad over the top but what a neat littel product, mines on it's way!

"If you are on track without a full harness, the CG-Lock is a must have"
Anthony Dunn, Professional ARDS Level A driving instructor

Lets face it; the thrill of performance driving is in 'being at one' with your car. The advantages of increased car control offered by a full racing harness are obvious. So we'd all like to have a harness fitted to our cars on track days, right?... because they pin you in the seat, providing you with an instant connection to the road... but you don't want all the hassle of a harness when you pop down the road to get a loaf of bread and some milk, right?...we'll now you can have the benefits of a full harness without any of the hassle, fitting in less than 5 minutes to your existing seatbelt.

The CG-Lock has been proven to significantly improve lap times, on average by a second a lap (for a 1' 30" lap). Over 10 laps, that's a 10 second advantage over the same car with no CG-Lock fitted. That kind of performance advantage would cost about £2,000 if spent on increasing BHP.

You'll instantly notice the benefits of 'being at one' with your car... changing down gear and putting the nose into the bend, you'll be astonished at how you don't need to brace knees and elbow to keep upright in the seat... the CG-Lock holds you tight at the important area... your hips, as they become your centre of gravity when in the driving position. You will also be surprised at how much the device stops you from sliding forward when braking hard, giving you more control to steer and prepare to change gear. All saving you vital tenths of seconds that add up to a more controlled, more enjoyable, faster lap time.

Even bucket seats can't stop your hip from rising when cornering at speed, but the CG-Lock keeps your hips straight so you can concentrate on the driving, not 'hanging on'. It is this hip rise that automatically causes the driver to twist their spine to keep upright in the seat leading to a bad driving posture and less control of the car.

The device is so good it is used routinely by an ever growing number of ARDS instructors and used for the Top Gear Live show stunts as well as many top movies including the latest 007 Bond movie 'Quantum of Solace'. The reviews from the motoring press sum it up well, with words like 'stunning', 'amazed', 'ingenious' and 'astonishing'.

In summary, the CG-Lock allows you to enjoy the thrill of performance driving much more than when using just standard seatbelts... and when off the track and back on the highway, provides many other benefits too. But don't just take our word for it... read what top performance drivers say about the CG-Lock.

The CG-Lock has been crash tested and shown not to interfere with the safety of the seatbelt (with or without pretensioning devices).

Homepage - Performance & Emergency Services - CG-Lock EU - enhancing safety and enjoyment of your vehicle

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I love that been looking for an answer to my seat belt situation, going to order one right now- thanks for the heads up Spinner.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Spinner just installed the cg lock. Good heads up- I can't imagine this not helping loads on the next track day.Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your welcome m8, I got mine last week but still haven't got around to fitting it. Will let you know what I think I find the time to sort it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i'll be putting in an order for one of these soon. next track day is in aug unfortunately. long time to wait to see how it works, but at least almosts50 and i will both be able to give reviews at the same time.

there was an article about this little device in one of the big four (in the us) auto magazines some time ago, and they gave good reviews.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I have driven around with the cg lock now for three or four days now and can't wait to see how it preforms on the track. I can tell just from driving on the parkway at reasonable sporty speeds this is a must have for the track!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Their site says that they are out of stock and has a December date (assuming this is old). Did you guys place your orders direct from their site? Wonder how long shipping to the States would take.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Amazon prime wish they sold everything had my cg lock in two days and wouldn't track my car without it now

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Wanted to add my two cents to this post - I've used the CG Lock for two track day events and one Autocross this summer, and I think it really helps. The gushing advertising claims are a bit over the top, but it does keep you much more firmly planted in the seat. Of course your torso is not held in any better, but by keeping your butt in place it does relieve some of the effort needed for bracing your legs.

At the Autocross my usual habit is to put the seat back a bit, yank on the shoulder strap to get the tensioner lock to engage, then while keeping tension on the shoulder strap I move the seat forward so the strap is tight against my shoulder, with enough force to keep the tensioner lock engaged for my run. Last year I found that about half the time the tension would let go, I think because there was still too much play in the shoulder/lap belt. But this year, with the CG lock, I found the the tensioner stayed consistently locked tight.

Bottom line - I recommend it for track days and Autocross.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This was the best $42.00(amazon.com ) that I have spent on the car! It made a huge difference on the track and definitely does a great job of holding you in the seat. I tell everyone about it now, I should sell these things!!!!! Highly recommend!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts