Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Tried doing a search and nothing, I was thinking of doing ceramic tint. Has anyone done this and would you recommend it? I got quoted $475 for install.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello all,

Tried doing a search and nothing, I was thinking of doing ceramic tint. Has anyone done this and would you recommend it? I got quoted $475 for install.
what is ceramic tint? I've not heard of it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ceramic films do an outstanding job of reducing interior heat versus the traditional metallic-based films. I've read where metallic-based films can potentially interfere with radio and radar, depending upon how much metal is actually contained in the film. I went with the Hüper Optik brand ceramic tint when I had my A5 and could definitely tell there was a significant reduction in heat when the car had been left outside in the sun for an extended period. The tint also blocks 99% of UV rays, which is great long-term for preserving your interior's color.

I think $475 is a bit on the high side. I only paid $379 from a high-quality, professional window tinter.

I know there have been several folks on here who went with ceramic tint. One user posted how delicate the Hüper Optik brand is, but I never saw any scratches on mine. (details here)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.