Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if we are able to change it so that :

When I switch the light knob to parking lights, I can change the LED's to stay on full brightness, instead of the dimmed down setting they are on?

And also, if I can change the coming/leaving home light pattern as well, to not include the fog lights?

LMK THANKS! :D

(I'm getting a VAG-COM tonight, is why I ask)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Please hold for aerodave. :) If anyone knows whether those things are possible, he would.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have not yet found a way to keep the LED's at full brightness for parking lights. I can't say whether it's even possible. I'm wondering if it might be an adaptation value instad of a coding. I'll keep on the hunt for an answer...but dead ends so far.

The coming/leaving home behavior is something I haven't looked into. But I'm optimistic that it's an easy change.

So no answers to either yet. But I'll look into it...and you can bet that Ross-Tech will eventually get it figured out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave. :)

Tonight is my first experience with a VAGCOM, kinda nervous I'll wreck something.

Playing around with simple stuff in the long coding helper can't do to much harm right? In terms of lighthing that is... I don't plan on messing with engine/chassis specs.

:eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave-

Do you know where the option (bit/byte) or module to checkbox, to enable the tailights as DRL's too?

·
Registered
415 Posts
The tails-as-DRLs checkbox is Module 09 -> Long Coding helper -> Byte 02, bit 7

I can't say it's impossible to screw things up by changing Cent Elec codings. As far as I'm aware all the bits are safe and changes can always be reversed...but any of us brave souls could be the first to find out otherwise. Adaptation settings tend to be riskier than codings so you're not treading on ice that's too thin. But remember that there's a reason the coding button is on the right of the VAG-COM interface under "Refer to Service Manual" instead of on the left under "These are Safe".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts