Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chased my contact on Wednesday to be told the car was still awaiting shipping, (built in week 20) and was told production complete and awaiting pre inspection. I chased today and was told it was due to dock in the UK today. Just wondered if anyone could advise me when the car will be transported from the dock, to the actual dealership. Although Monday is a bank holiday, I am hoping that the car will arrive at the dealership sometime next week in time for me to pick it up on Friday 30th May.

Its the wifes birthday next weekend, and it would be a nice surprise to pick her up and treat her!!

Have a got a Prayer??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hope it all works out for you....the last few days seem to take forever

·
Registered
714 Posts
It took about 3 weeks from being told the car was in the UK to it actually being delivered to me.

I don't know all the mechanics of what happens at the port etc but I do know the dealer had the car for about 2 weeks before the PDI was completed :(

You'll need to put some serious pressure on your dealer to get the car ready for the end of next week, particularly as Monday is a public holiday.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I agree with Tuff, you should "gently" bother the dealer to see if they can make it happen...I'd even throw in the wife's birthday comment...it couldn't hurt. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.