·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Tuned and not lowered??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hey guys

I've just found your side and decided to post pics of our Tuning Programm...

Hope you like them..

Greets

Bernhard
Bernhard,

...Not exactly 'tuned' is it... and without lowering you've created an 'ugly baby' there. Sorry to be so candid. I've lowered mine and fitted a Milltek and spacers so a bit more 'tuned' than yours and looks a million times better (see my profile picture). Come on, a bit more effort please.

You guys used to do a great exhaust for the A6 which featured twin pipes on each side, but the outlets overlapped to make one half of the audi 'rings' logo on each side of the car. THAT was good. Inspired in fact... So Bernie, pull your fingers out and do something to impress us.

we need splitters, wheel arch extensions, diffusers, LED rear lights, Brake upgrades, Front fairings, Induction kits, uprated anti-roll-bars, strut top braces, uprated bushings, coil-overs, LED fog lamps... you know the stuff. And we're all dying to spend our cash on it... but wheels and springs? We can all get wheels and springs from the shop down the road!

Ian.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ian

Thank you for your useful critic. An “ugly baby” is a bit hard :( . Of course we could fit a set of H&R springs and lower the car but in this case we were satisfied with drive comfort in combination with the 20” wheels. I like the optic of your car but I personally would prefer instead of spacer wider wheels. So we build a tailor made 3-piece wheel and tire set for the wide body of the A5:

FA: 9,0x20 offset 26 with 245/30R20
RA: 10,5x20 offset 27 with 295/25R20

I don’t think that you will find this set in the shop down the road and good looking wheels are the icing on the cake.

Exhaust wise we make our own exhaust system starting with the back boxes. The “new thing” there is our individual style tailpipe. This allows you to set the tips in the valance as you want them to be. Aggressive stepped or classical flushed following the rear valance.

I see all your argumentation and understand its may not my philosophy to be more decent but we find out what else we find for your cars ;-)

Keep you posted…

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bernhard,

...Not exactly 'tuned' is it... and without lowering you've created an 'ugly baby' there. Sorry to be so candid. I've lowered mine and fitted a Milltek and spacers so a bit more 'tuned' than yours and looks a million times better (see my profile picture). Come on, a bit more effort please.

You guys used to do a great exhaust for the A6 which featured twin pipes on each side, but the outlets overlapped to make one half of the audi 'rings' logo on each side of the car. THAT was good. Inspired in fact... So Bernie, pull your fingers out and do something to impress us.

we need splitters, wheel arch extensions, diffusers, LED rear lights, Brake upgrades, Front fairings, Induction kits, uprated anti-roll-bars, strut top braces, uprated bushings, coil-overs, LED fog lamps... you know the stuff. And we're all dying to spend our cash on it... but wheels and springs? We can all get wheels and springs from the shop down the road!

Ian.

What he said is quiet right :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Bernhard,

Those wheel are very ugly in my opinion, totally ruins the style and flow of this car. Its like wearing trainers with suit, just doesnt work. This may appeal to the drug dealer, hipperty hop gangster, famous crowd but i'd hope not to any A5 owners.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ian

Thank you for your useful critic. An “ugly baby” is a bit hard :( . Of course we could fit a set of H&R springs and lower the car but in this case we were satisfied with drive comfort in combination with the 20” wheels. I like the optic of your car but I personally would prefer instead of spacer wider wheels. So we build a tailor made 3-piece wheel and tire set for the wide body of the A5:

I don’t think that you will find this set in the shop down the road and good looking wheels are the icing on the cake.

Exhaust wise we make our own exhaust system starting with the back boxes. The “new thing” there is our individual style tailpipe. This allows you to set the tips in the valance as you want them to be. Aggressive stepped or classical flushed following the rear valance.

I see all your argumentation and understand its may not my philosophy to be more decent but we find out what else we find for your cars ;-)

Keep you posted…
Bernhard,

Thanks... I know I was hard, but that's how I feel... and as a potential customer, I'm sure you value that... The rims might be impressive, but I'm not sure they work in this instance... "ugly baby" is a relative term as this car is a beauty to start with, but I think you need a bit more work to improve on the standard car. I agree that lowering with 20s would be a harsh ride, but why are all teh tuners obsessed with 20s? 19s look best on this car... Go on, push the boat out and be the first 'tuning house' to develop a package with 19" rims!

..Also... this is a very 'image-based tuning' All the track work I've done with Alfas would lead me to suspect that your choice of rubber and sizes is really going to mess up the handling... it will understeer like a mother and the rear rubber is too large on 295 and the reduced pressure will mean that it's a nightmare in the wet... I'm speculating, but I'd get someone to put it on the track... My guess is that on a challenging track, the stock rubber will perform better... sorry!

... Please tell me you will look into the exhaust style I described. I'm sure it was a cargraphic design and is simply the best exhaust I've seen for an audi.

However, I stick by my comments about doing a bit more than just rims and exhaust... Go on Surprise us!

I hope you find this forum useful for feedback and helping develop packages that will sell succesfully. We are all too pleased to help out!

Kind regards,

Ian.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ian

Keep you posted…
Most of the package doesn't do it for me, I prefer Ian's. But I do like the exhaust. please tell me more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bernhard,

Thanks... I know I was hard, but that's how I feel... and as a potential customer, I'm sure you value that... The rims might be impressive, but I'm not sure they work in this instance... "ugly baby" is a relative term as this car is a beauty to start with, but I think you need a bit more work to improve on the standard car. I agree that lowering with 20s would be a harsh ride, but why are all teh tuners obsessed with 20s? 19s look best on this car... Go on, push the boat out and be the first 'tuning house' to develop a package with 19" rims!

We already offer a 3-piece 19” wheel, even a really light weight flow forming 19” one-piece wheel is up coming this year – but it’s just my personal opinion that the 20” inches looks great on the car. I think this variety of taste makes our passion and business interesting.

..Also... this is a very 'image-based tuning' All the track work I've done with Alfas would lead me to suspect that your choice of rubber and sizes is really going to mess up the handling... it will understeer like a mother and the rear rubber is too large on 295 and the reduced pressure will mean that it's a nightmare in the wet... I'm speculating, but I'd get someone to put it on the track... My guess is that on a challenging track, the stock rubber will perform better... sorry!

The general layout of the car is safety that means understeering- even with standard tires and 60% traction on the rear… And common give me a chance –on the one hand you want me to impress you and on the other you want to stick with standard tires…
But please don’t get me wrong I really don’t want to push you on my way. I appreciate a discussion like that! I think it would be really interesting to test this combination on a track- I know MTM fit 21” (255/30R21 and 295/25R21) on an 300PS A5 3,0l TDI where I would have said the rolling circumference is much too big BUT it works on the little course on Hockenheim: 1:17:6 min to compare with S5: 1:17:2!! I’m also speculating – So I would say the different offset on front and rear set the car more neutral as the std. combination.

... Please tell me you will look into the exhaust style I described. I'm sure it was a cargraphic design and is simply the best exhaust I've seen for an audi.

I like our good old “CARGRAPHIC” design, too. But to be honest – on the new slash valances the straight tips are not looking good. I’m thinking about a new slash version of it. And I like our new individual style tips- see the pictures…

However, I stick by my comments about doing a bit more than just rims and exhaust... Go on Surprise us!

I hope you find this forum useful for feedback and helping develop packages that will sell succesfully. We are all too pleased to help out!

As I said – I really appreciate this discussion on this level of communication! I want to thank you all for your honest comments

Best regards

Bernhard

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Bernhard,

I appreciate your open and upfrnt discussion and that you agree that we can differ! I think the main problem may be that in the UK we have two words we use for modifications...

Tuning... (for performance)
Styling... (for looks)

...Styling is subjective and open to opinion as to what looks best. Most 'tuned' A/S5 I've seen have had styling mods done (like mine too).

...Tuning is objective, power and track times are the only proof.

I think that when I say 'Impress' I mean Styling that makes the car look better than the average man can do at home, which is why I mention body parts - and tuning that can be proven on the track. As a businessman, I also realise that each company must create it's own 'niche' or USPs (unique selling points) I think this is a grand opportunity for you to take the type of innovation shown with your approach to the exhaust and create something unique for other parts of the car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, tough critics, but good feedback. However in all fairness it is good to see more options coming available for the A5/S5.

As I read through the posts on this forum I realise that people get their S5's for varied reasons and many will never bring their cars to the track or modify them to go any faster than the gods at Audi intended, most just like the fact that they can stop traffic with the looks.

That said I like the idea of not having to use spacers and having the offset, it is definetly a step in the right direction, keep up the good work Cargraphic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.