Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know this has been discussed here before, so I did a search and came up with nothing . . .

But is there any correlation between when you recieve that little card from Audi of America and when your car arrives? I got one in the mail today.

For instance from board members experience do you usually recieve your car about 2 months after you get the card. Or does the card mean the factory has began production?

Also does anyone know what the little number on the inside bottom left hand corner signifies mine is a "4"?

Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I picked up my car at the end of August and never got a card.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I never got a card, but just picked up my car over the weekend. I would ask the dealer to show you the dates that are in the system...if there is no allocation yet, then they won't have any dates at all...

·
Registered
491 Posts
got mine a couple of days ago and just got an allocation with a november 3 build week

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess that proves theres no rhyme or reason to the cards.

I got allocation in August and was told to expect delivery in December.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Audi Gifts

I'm starting to think it's the dealers who set these mailings up with AOA. Some people get them and some don't. I received the card (shortly after the order was picked up by Audi), then a shoe insert (probably a month and a half into the order), and finally an S5 key chain 2-3 weeks before delivery.
This will probably vary as well since everyone's wait times are different. From order to delivery wait was only 3mos. I was very lucky!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm starting to think it's the dealers who set these mailings up with AOA. Some people get them and some don't. I received the card (shortly after the order was picked up by Audi), then a shoe insert (probably a month and a half into the order), and finally an S5 key chain 2-3 weeks before delivery.
This will probably vary as well since everyone's wait times are different. From order to delivery wait was only 3mos. I was very lucky!
would you be able to post a pic the keychain?

·
Registered
105 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts