Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
They are being sodl for £150 on Ebay. I emailed the seller for standard plastic surrounds as I was thinking of painting them and would look out of place in carbon fibre. They replied saying yes they could do them in GRP for £120.

So are these £76 for the pair?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
hmm, might be re-interested! :)
Unfortunately I don't know the fit or quality, though.

Makes the fog light recesses look deeper, more like an RS bumper. I was thinking of painting them the same colour as the bumper. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to order cf but no longer plan to get a cf front splitter as it will get torn off very quickly with high speed bumps and curbs etc so am going to order gloss black and hopefully fits in with the black addition grille. If not then will also paint body colour

·
Registered
552 Posts
The thing that worries me with stuff like this is the fact that they're on double sided tape, so them flying off from your bumper could be a possibility, but apart than that I quite like them also, cant believe have never seen anything like it before. I'm wondering whether we could find more people to do a group buy and maybe ask Eamonn to get them in for us cheaper if he is still in the business:cool:

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
The thing that worries me with stuff like this is the fact that they're on double sided tape, so them flying off from your bumper could be a possibility, but apart than that I quite like them also, cant believe have never seen anything like it before. I'm wondering whether we could find more people to do a group buy and maybe ask Eamonn to get them in for us cheaper if he is still in the business:cool:
Maaaaaybe. There's a lot of stuff I need to get restocked at the moment. But if there's interest I can always find out a group buy price.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I put aftermarket S-line side blades on my A5 and a boot spoiler with 3m tape. They stayed stuck! :)

Is the £52 with delivery to UK? Have you ordered them?

I'd be interested! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I have ordered Gloss black so will post pics when arrive. My spoiler is 3M tape and been good for 2 years so am not worried about it coming off. Might paint body colour but hae gloss black grill and around fogs so might not need to.
Plain are £45 Gloss black £52 and carbon £76
Postage to UK is £17.

Side question - My carbon fibre diffuser arrived but has no lips to clips for top attachment to bumper. Any idea what screws to use? 1inch self tapping screws? Guess I will have to remove bumper then!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Thanks! Let us know how they fit!

Yeah £45 for non painted is a better price. They look like the same ones as I questioned on Ebay, which they wanted £160 for carbon fibre and £120 for plain GRP!!

Could you try the spring clips. The small flat metal clips that push over the bumper and the diffuser or self tappers. Or even look at using the original fixings, just guessing as I haven't seen both parts.
The bumpers come off easily! About a 20 mins job.

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
So I got in touch with the manufacturer of these... I don't think a group buy is going to make much sense unless you have 25+ people. With 10 orders I could get them including delivery down to about £55 (unpainted, fibreglass).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

I have ordered Gloss black so will post pics when arrive. My spoiler is 3M tape and been good for 2 years so am not worried about it coming off. Might paint body colour but hae gloss black grill and around fogs so might not need to.
Plain are £45 Gloss black £52 and carbon £76
Postage to UK is £17.

Side question - My carbon fibre diffuser arrived but has no lips to clips for top attachment to bumper. Any idea what screws to use? 1inch self tapping screws? Guess I will have to remove bumper then!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B8-5-S5-Rear-Diffuser-Spoiler-Carbon-Fiber-for-Audi-S5-Coupe-2012-2015-R-Style/264117746356?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Thanks! Let us know how they fit!

Yeah £45 for non painted is a better price. They look like the same ones as I questioned on Ebay, which they wanted £160 for carbon fibre and £120 for plain GRP!!

Could you try the spring clips. The small flat metal clips that push over the bumper and the diffuser or self tappers. Or even look at using the original fixings, just guessing as I haven't seen both parts.
The bumpers come off easily! About a 20 mins job.
What are sprint clips? Do you have a link?

·
Registered
96 Posts
they will look better if they are painted the same colour as the car, but it has to sit flush 100%, this one look as if its intruding over the fog light a bit, usually cheap Chinese parts are dodgy, they are wonky and dont sit flush, wait n see what the sez when he receives.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a message saying they would not be shipped until end of jan so I have no received them yet. I will let u know fit once I get them

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just curious I drive a 2011 s5, I always wanted those as they'd go perfect with my scheme but have any idea why they wont fit or I guess I'm asking what the huge difference is between 8 and 8.5 and fitment on those

1 - 20 of 21 Posts