Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Asuka Designs will be prototyping my a5 for a carbon fiber hood and trunk in a few days and will take up to 2-3weeks to make. If anyone wants one, lemme know and i can talk to the designer for a pricing. They have not decided a price yet so if there are alot of inquires and they see potential im sure they will give a great deal on them.

http://www.asukadesign.com/

I will post pictures once its made and installed in a few weeks. i'll keep you all updated!!! :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
can they make a csl type trunk? Like the Bmw's have?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i believe what they specifically told me was they are going to make the oem look first and from there will make different types of trunks according to request from ppl and ideas they have. i did hear them saying they will modify the trunk to make it look like the csl type trunk. that i believe they said will take around a mnth to make after they have made oem trunk first

·
Registered
359 Posts
Would like to hear your initial impressions about the fit, finish, build quality, and various mounting issues (washer nozzels, hinges, and latch.)

Also, if possible, have them weight both for comparison. When I replaced the front hood of my B5 Passat, the weight savings was about 25lb.s However, fit wasn't perfect, and nozzles could not be mounted without gobs of silicone caulk.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am interested!
Want to see pictures when your car is ready :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds interesting, keep us updated pls :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts